Marcella Hill is a partner of Campos Mello Advogados' Insurance and Reinsurance practice, based in São Paulo.
Marcella has vast national and international experience in insurance, including advising clients on contentious and non-contentious matters, such as complex corporate transactions, high level claims handling and insurance regulatory matters in Brazil and the UK.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
Marcella focuses her practice on transactions, claims and insurance regulatory law, including:
- Mergers & acquisitions, including the required regulatory approvals
- Joint ventures, transfer of portfolios and corporate reorganizations
- Complex reinsurance structures
- Claims handling and coverage issues
- Formation and licensing of insurance and reinsurance companies, intermediaries and related regulatory and corporate approvals
- All aspects of (re)insurance regulation, compliance, corporate governance and market conduct
- Establishment and review of distributions systems and networks, including structuring arrangements with introducers
- Licensing of foreign reinsurers in Brazil and related regulatory and corporate approvals
- Developing compliance systems and controls, underwriting and operating guidelines
- Insurance and reinsurance product and program design and review
- Compliance, enforcement and disciplinary actions and any regulatory matters before SUSEP
LL.M., International Business Law, University College London
- LL.B., Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado
- Marcella is recognized as an "Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer" 2016 - 2021
- "She has an extensive knowledge of the matter. She is very fast to answer queries. The quality of her work, language, content."
- "Marcella is a super qualified lawyer with excellent international experience and is very pragmatic. She is committed to the work, to the deadlines, and to the people."
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Brazil Insurance
2018-21 - Recommended, Brazil Insurance
Excellence and Relationship
Campos Mello Advogados was the first full-service Brazilian law firm to consistently use the NPS (Net Promoter Score) method. In the first year using the method, the firm achieved grade 83.
- Leading a project to support victims of child abuse
- Supporting children who were born in the UK, and have lived there for over 10 years, in acquiring British citizenship
- Supporting children who were born in the UK, and have lived there for over 10 years, in acquiring UK citizenship
- Leads the pro bono initiative at Campos Mello Advogados
- "Insurance Sector Trends: Forecast for 2018 and 2017 Year End Review," Insurance Update, February 5, 2018
- Co-author, Insurance Update – 2015 Year End Review and Forecast for 2016, DLA Piper
- Co-author, Insurance Update – 2016 Year End Review and Forecast for 2017, DLA Piper
- Opinião.Seg Magazine, "The relevance of Compliance programs for the insurance market," 8th edition
- Opinião.Seg Magazine, "New Paths in Risk Sharing Between Insurers and Pension Funds," 14th Edition
- 20 anos da Lei nº 9.613 de 1998 Magazine, "20 years of Law No. 9,613 and anti-money laundering efforts by the Brazilian Insurance market"
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro Chapters
- Member and Co-chair of the Insurance Committee of Lex Anglo Brazil, 2015 - Present
My latest insights
Campos Mello Advogados advises Starboard in joint acquisition of Pampa Sul power plant in...
27 September 2022 .3 minute read
Campos Mello Advogados and DLA Piper advise The Ardonagh Group in acquisition of MDS Group
11 February 2022 .3 minute read