Rutger OranjeOf Counsel
Rutger Oranje is an all-round professional in property law in the broadest sense with 36 years of experience. He advises national and international companies on various property transactions, including development and construction projects.
Rutger is the permanent lawyer for major Dutch and international property businesses, including project developers and contractors, property funds, investors, owners, corporate end-users.
He has extensive experience in all aspects of property in the fields of both public and private law.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Project development: PPP's, consortium agreements, joint ventures, turnkey, design & build, DBF(M)O
- Transactions: due diligence, SPA, finance, tax, lease
- Construction: contracts (UAV, UAVGC, DNR, EPC, etc.), procurement, property litigation (including arbitration)
- Grotius Academy, Real Estate, 1999
- VU University of Amsterdam, Dutch law, 1982
Awards and Recognitions
- Rutger Oranje draws praise from clients for his "very high commercial awareness, great negotiation skills and outstanding client service.", Chambers 2018
- Clients highlight Rutger Oranje 's experience in real estate transactions, saying: ''He knows the drill in terms of common difficulties and is able to think in a practical way about how to do a deal. He acts for an impressive list of foreign and domestic real estate investors on deals in diverse sectors.'', Chambers 2019
- Clients appreciate that the firm provides a high degree of personal contact with senior partners, saying: ''The partner is on top of everything and really manages the process.'', Chambers 2019
- Seismic Shifts: Going with the flow in Amsterdam, 27 June 2018
- The Netherlands - Hotel Management Agreements, 20 April 2018
- Legal aspects of investing in non-performing loans in the Netherlands, 23 September 2016
- Investing in the Dutch housing market, 29 February 2016
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of several specialised associations