Alan Seem’s practice includes SEC-registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and emerging growth companies, private equity investments, fund-related matters and going-private transactions. He also regularly advises companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance issues, including SEC/stock exchange compliance, board and management duties and responsibilities, environmental, social and governance (ESG) and other disclosure-related matters. He is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., Dartmouth College
- Speaker, "The Practical Applications of ESG for Public Boards Today," SDVX, November 17, 2022
- Former head, Shearman & Sterling’s Asia Capital Markets Group and Beijing Office Managing Partner
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board member, Chinese American Lawyers of the Bay Area
- Member, Board of Trustees of the California Pacific Medical Center Foundation
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Navitas Semiconductor in the closing of an US$80 million follow-on...
1 June 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Brookline Capital Acquisition Corp. in the closing of its business...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read