Ilias AbassiSenior Associate
Ilias Abassi is a lawyer specialized in privacy, data protection & cyber security. He assists leading multinationals in navigating the complex data privacy and cyber security landscape across the globe.
Ilias has a special focus on innovative and privacy sensitive technologies. He has worked as in-house counsel for various clients, gaining unique experience with complex issues involved in the design and implementation of such technologies. He works closely as trusted advisor and strategic partner to senior stakeholders (such as General Counsels, Board members, DPOs, Heads of Compliance). Ilias is particularly appreciated for providing creative and out-of-the box solutions to complex privacy matters.
His practice also includes cyber security related matters, such as handling data breach incidents and subsequent risk mitigation. He also assists clients in the context of investigations or complaints by privacy regulators.
Ilias regularly speaks on privacy and technology related topics. Ilias is a lecturer in the Senior Privacy Professional course of the ‘Outvie’ knowledge institute.
- Leading a significant number of global privacy compliance programs and audits, preparing necessary policies and procedures and providing on-site training to key stakeholders.
- Assisting in day-to-day privacy work and providing strategic advice as in-house counsel (on secondment) for various large multinationals.
- Advising a global tech company on the design and implementation of privacy sensitive technologies and providing hands-on support to various business teams on the implementation of such technologies.
- Assisting companies in handling cyber security incidents, mitigating risks and dealing with regulators and other authorities.
- Maastricht University, LL.B. & LL.M., Civil Law, cum laude, 2016