International Group Head, Real Estate
Antoine Mercier leads the firm’s international real estate activities. He has over 20 years’ experience of helping clients with domestic and European real estate investment and financing.
Antoine is recognised for providing leading advice to clients on environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters relating to their holdings, including installing PV cells and other renewable energy infrastructure and implementing green clauses across portfolios. He is highly experienced in all operational asset classes including hotels, tourism and leisure, logistics, senior living and student accommodation.
He has broad experience advising institutional investors and fund managers on the acquisition, disposal and management of real estate portfolios, including the structuring of partnerships and the regulatory aspects related to real estate activity, in particular OPCI.
Antoine also advises on construction, property development, commercial urban planning, environment law and renewable energies.
Antoine's experience includes advising:
- Blackstone on the indirect sale to GLP of a pan-European portfolio of 18 assets located in France, Netherlands and Germany, dedicated to logistics, warehouses and light industrial use
- Oxford Properties on the acquisition of a portfolio of 28 assets located in France
- GLP on the indirect acquisition from AG Real Estate of a real estate company that owns a 100,000 sqm logistics complex located in Saint Martin de Crau
- A family office on the acquisition of the AC Nice hotel operated by Marriott
- A family office on the acquisition of Hotel Bowmann in Paris
- GLP on the sale from StoneHedge of a 100,000+ sqm logistics complex located in Ablaincourt
- Blackstone on the acquisition of the entities owning a pan-European portfolio of 31 assets located in France, UK and Germany, dedicated to logistics, warehouses and light industrial use
- A leading global real estate investor and an investment group company on the acquisition of a portfolio of 33 French retail centres with a value of EUR300 million
- A logistics real estate investor on the sale from a French family-owned group of a 99,000 sqm logistics complex located in Denain
- A leading global real estate investor and an investment group company on the acquisition of a retail centre located in the Paris area with a value of EUR51 million
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, M.A., real estate law, 1998
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, M.A., private law, 1997
Awards and recognition
- Legal 500 EMEA 2022 - Real Estate - Leading individual, Real Estate
- Chambers Europe 2022 - Real Estate - Ranked lawyer - Band 3
- Chambers Europe 2022 - Real Estate - Band 3
- IFLR1000 2022 - Real Estate - Notable practitioner
- Hotels, franchising and third party operators: structural trends in European hospitality operations, DLA Piper Insights, March 2020
- Inspirational Women in Real Estate 2020, DLA Piper Insights, March 2020
- Inspirational Women in Real Estate 2019, DLA Piper Insights, March 2019