Pattadon TejapaibulSenior Associate
Pattadon Tejapaibul has extensive experience in banking and finance practice. Pattadon mainly focuses on debt financing transactions such as corporate group lending, cross border lending, acquisition finance and project financing.
He has represented both leading financial institutions and reputable companies in a wide range of industries including venture capital, petrochemical, infrastructure, power, energy, airline, hotel and real estate businesses. One of his transactions has been recognised as "Oil and Gas Deal of the Year" by the Asset Triple A Infrastructure Award 2020 where he acted for the leading Thai bank lending to the construction of jetty and storage facility for oil importation.
He has also advised on regulatory matters such as public private partnership, administrative, exchange control and bankruptcy laws.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, he spent over six years practising in banking and finance field as an associate in the leading international law firm and one year as an inhouse lawyer of the leading Financial Institution in Thailand focusing on the capital market related matter.
- Representing IRPC Clean Power Co., Ltd. on its THB7 billion refinancing and new project financing for an expansion of gas fire cogeneration project with the lenders being Krung Thai Bank Plc, Government Savings Bank, LH Bank and Bank of Ayudhya Plc.
- Representing GPSC Treasury Center Company Limited as borrower and Global Power Synergy Public Company Limited as guarantor on 6 facility agreements with 6 financial institutions in the approximate amount of THB9,500 million.
- Representing Bangkok Bank Plc, China Minsheng Bank, Industrial Bank Co., Ltd., DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited and others financial institutions in providing a USD 500 million facilities for ND Paper Malaysia (Selangor) Sdn Bhd.
- Advising The Siam Commercial Bank PCL on its loan to a project company running a hotel in Myanmar with Myanmar law, Thai law and Singapore law elements.
- Representing one of a leading Thai banks as a shortlisted bidder in the bidding for the acquisition of Citi Bank's retail business in Thailand.
- Advising The Siam Commercial Bank Plc on its acquisition financing loan of THB10 billion to Gulf Energy Development Plc on its tender offer finagling of Intouch Holdings Plc.
- Representing Kiatnakin Phatra Bank Plc, as lender, security agent and facility agent on its first acquisition financing loan of THB2.95 billion secured term and revolving facilities.
- Advising KASIKORNBANK PCL as lead arranger and lender on the THB1.77 billion financing for NFCT Company Limited in the construction of jetty and storage facility in in Map Ta Phut, Rayong Province, Thailand. (Oil and Gas Deal of the Year, by the Asset Triple A Infrastructure Award 2020).*
- Advising Bangkok Bank PCL as mandated lead arranger and lender and The Siam Commercial Bank PCL and Krung Thai Bank PCL on their approximately THB60 billion financing for the construction of the Mass Rapid Transit Pink and Yellow Lines projects with sponsors being BTS Holding, Ratchaburi and Stecon.*
- Advising Bangkok Bank PCL, Krung Thai Bank PCL, Government Savings Bank, Mizuho Bank Limited, Bangkok Brach and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Bangkok Branch on provided financing for PTT Oil and Retail Business PCL.*
* Denotes experience at a previous firm.
- Master of Corporate Law (MCL), University or Cambridge, U.K., 2017
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Thammasat University, Thailand, 2013
- Recent Changes on The Interest Rate, Debt Repayments and How These Would Affect Your Financing in Thailand: Thailand, DLA Piper Publication, 2021
- Snapshots of Key Asia Pacific Power Markets 2016: Thailand, 2016
- Competition Law: Impacts of a Contract Farming on farmers, Rapee Journal, 2013
Memberships And Affiliations
- Barrister at Law, Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Esso Thailand on THB20 billion shareholder loan refinancing
11 August 2023 .2 minute read
An alarming shift in the court precedent following the amendments to Thai guarantee law
17 July 2022 .3 minute read