Mariusz Hyla is the head of the Finance and Projects practice in DLA Piper's Warsaw office.
His areas of specialisation include banking, securities, investment funds, financial institutions, corporate law and commercial law. As well as advising domestic and international financial institutions on real estate finance and asset finance matters, he also has considerable expertise in M&A finance, LBO/MBO finance, project finance, securitisations and the issuance of debt securities.
Mariusz has significant experience in drafting legal acts for the Polish parliament. He was a member of the team of experts that worked on the Act on the Availability of Economic Information of 14 February 2003 (effective as of 26 April 2003) and he also co-authored the draft of the Act on Securitisation in 2003. In addition, he was a member of the team that drafted amendments to the Act on Mortgage Bonds and Mortgage Banks.
- Advising a syndicate of Polish banks on financing the development of the Forest office park in Warsaw.
- Advising a syndicate of Polish banks on financing the development of a number of warehouse and logistics centres in Poland.
- Advising lenders (a syndicate of Polish banks) on financing the construction of residential-for-rent projects in Poland.
- Advising Aareal Bank on financing a European logistics park portfolio (Apollo).
- Advising a syndicate of Polish banks on financing the construction of the Varso office park in Warsaw.
- Advising a number of lenders, including ING Bank Śląski, Erste Group Bank and Berlin Hyp, on financing the acquisition by their clients of a number of office projects and warehouse and logistics centres in Poland.
- Advising Alior Bank on financing the construction of Centaurus, a mixed office, retail and residential project in Olsztyn, Poland.
- Advising Capital Park on financing the construction of Norblin Art, a mixed office, retail and leisure project in Warsaw.
- Advising Zeus Management Capital on financing the acquisition of the Graffit office building in Warsaw.
- Advising four energy companies on the acquisition of a Polish engineering company and the restructuring of its credit indebtedness as well as its indebtedness on account of the issued securities.
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Master of Laws, 1999
- Viadrina University in Frankfurt (Oder), LLM, 1999
- Ranked in Band 2 in Banking & Finance – Chambers Europe and Chambers Global 2020-2022
- “Head of department Mariusz Hyla is a well-established name who advises clients on real estate, project and acquisition finance as well as financial restructuring. "He is a very calm person and a reasonable negotiator," a source says” – Chambers Europe & Chambers Global , Banking & Finance 2022
- Recommended in Banking and Finance – The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recommended in Banking & Finance, Investment Funds, Restructuring and Insolvency – The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 – 2022
- "If there is anything Mariusz can do or can help with, any email he can answer, he's taking the lead and doing the job," a client says” – Chambers Europe & Chambers Global, Banking & Finance 2021
- “Mariusz knows the market very well, always available to advise” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Banking & Finance 2021
- “Mariusz rises in the rankings for a second year as a result of strong market endorsement and leadership on the team's key deals. He regularly undertakes high-value project and real estate financings for a varied clientele of financial institutions and also assists with large corporate loans. His dynamism as a practitioner is popular among clients, one describing him as "charismatic" – Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, Banking and Finance 2020
- Ranked in Band 3 in Banking and Finance – Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2019
- “Mariusz moves up the rankings as a result of excellent market feedback. He is highly regarded for his expertise in real estate and asset finance. Sources describe him as an ‘ excellent lawyer, very intelligent and extremely knowledgeable’” – Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, Banking and Finance, 2019
- Recognized as Highly Regarded in Banking, Project Finance, Real Estate Finance – IFLR1000 2018-2022
- “Mariusz is recognized as one of the most reputable real estate finance experts in Poland. Clients describe him as an active and business-like negotiator and a highly recommended lawyer” – Chambers Global, Banking & Finance 2018
- “Mariusz is known for his experience in real estate finance and asset finance matters” – Chambers Global, Banking & Finance 2017
- “He has strong legal skills and a great relationship with clients. I would be happy to have him on my team” – Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance 2015
Mariusz Hyla has authored numerous articles on banking, securities and commercial law published in Polish law reviews.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VEHIS on raising PLN 1.3 billion in debt financing – the first warehouse...
13 September 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą VEHIS przy pozyskaniu finansowania o wartości ponad 1,3 mld PLN –...
13 September 2022 .1 minute read