Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz specializes in insurance law with a particular focus on regulatory. litigious, transactional and corporate issues. Associated with the insurance market for over 25 years, she has completed judicial and legal advisor apprenticeship.
She advises capital groups, reinsurers, banks and insurance brokers on a wide variety of issues, including: insurance law, including regulatory, corporate, restructuring issues, in particular in the processes of purchase / sale of shares / assets or organized parts of insurance companies, mergers of insurance companies, insurance portfolio transfer, provision of cross-border services, insurance distribution, outsourcing, insurance secrecy . She represents in administrative proceedings before the Financial Supervision Authority, the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, and other bodies involved in the protection of competition and consumers. She experience in conducting litigation before common courts, the Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union. In addition, Beata has extensive experience in preparing documentation related to the marketing of new insurance products (i.e. general terms and conditions of insurance, product documentation, agency agreements and distribution agreements). She supports the policy of internal regulation of insurance companies.
Before joining DLA Piper, Beata worked for a number of international law firms as well as for the Polish Ministry of Finance, where she was responsible for legislative processes related to the insurance sector. In addition, she headed the Legal department of Pramerica Życie TUiR and also cooperated with the Polish Chamber of Insurance in legislative and regulatory processes related to the insurance sector.
Beata teaches students of higher education in the area of business insurance and financial institutions.
Connected with the quarterly Law of Insurance, entering from 1994 will be a member of the Editorial Board. Author of numerous publications in the field of business insurance. Member of the Joint Board of Appeal of European Supervisory Authorities (EIOPA ESMA EBA) since 2011.
- Advising an insurance company on legal issues related to an insurance distribution model
- Advising a mutual insurance company on its market entry in Poland
- Advising a bank on the scope of insurance protection
- Advising an insurance company on possible commission-based systems and insurance product distribution models
- Advising an insurance company on the drafting of agency and distribution agreements and on the development of solutions under a bancassurance distribution model
- Advising an insurance company on the development of insurance products, including products specific to a bancassurance model
- Recognised as "Up and Coming" in Banking & Finance: Insurance – Chambers Europe, 2020- 2022
- Recommended in Insurance – Legal 500 EMEA 2018 - 2022
- “Mrs. Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz is an exceptional lawyer with great knowledge and attitude.” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Insurance 2022
- “Cooperation with Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz is carried out in an atmosphere of professionalism, at the highest professional level and in an efficient manner. She has the ability to recognise the needs of her clients and meet them head on." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Insurance 2022
- “Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz enters the rankings this year as a result of positive market feedback. She acts for domestic and multinational insurance companies on matters spanning sector-related M&A transactions as well as representation in contentious matters in court and before regulatory authorities. 'I value her ability to immediately react and respond to customer needs,' a client says.” – Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance: Insurance, 2020
- Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz is appreciated by clients for "her knowledge of the Polish insurance market" – The Legal 500 EMEA, Insurance 2019
- Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz "produces positive results" – The Legal 500 EMEA, Insurance 2018
Beata has authored and co-authored many publications on the legal regulation of insurance and financial institutions in the following journals: Prawo Asekuracyjne, Wiadomości Ubezpieczeniowe, Prawo Bankowe, Monitor Prawa Bankowego, and Rzeczpospolita. She is also the co-author of two books: "Ubezpieczenia gospodarcze", Oficyna Wydawnicza Branta, Bydgoszcz 1996, and "Rynek ubezpieczeniowy - nadregulacja czy niedoregulowanie", Wydawnictwo Polbrokers, Warsaw 2014.
She is a frequent lecturer at conferences, seminars and workshops on matters related to these industries.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises EDPR on the sale of 300 MW renewable assets' portfolio in Poland to...
1 August 2023 .2 minute read