Austin Patterson advises on various corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law, capital markets transactions and corporate governance.
Austin's practice focuses on representing buyers and sellers in a broad range of domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, among them public and private acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, venture capital investments and other strategic transactions.
- Paylocity (Nasdaq – PCTY) in its acquisitions of Cloudsnap, Samepage, VidGrid, and Blue Marble Payroll
- BigCommerce (Nasdaq – BIGC) in its US$249 million initial public offering and US$263 million follow-on offering
- SolarWinds (NYSE – SWI) in its acquisitions of Monalytic, SentryOne and VividCortex
- Q2 Holdings (NYSE – Q2) in its repurchase of US$159 million convertible senior notes
- The Hershey Company (NYSE – HSY) in its acquisition of two manufacturing plants from Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing
- Halozyme Therapeutics (Nasdaq – HALO) in its US $720 million sale of convertible senior notes
- SemaConnect in its sale for US$200 million to Blink Charging (Nasdaq – BLNK)
- RateGenius in its business combination with AUTOPAY and formation of The Savings Group
- Tritium Partners in their growth equity investments in Project X Media and RateGenius
- AMTIVO Group in its acquisitions of Advantage International Registrar and Orion Registrar
- Aceable in its acquisitions of PrepAgent and AKH, Inc.
- Anaconda Inc. in its acquisition of the web-based, drag-and-drop coding platform company, EduBlocks
- PROS Holdings (NYSE – PRO) in its US$150 million convertible senior notes offering
- Underwriter counsel in an underwritten secondary offering for 4,000,000 shares of common stock of AerSale Corporation (Nasdaq – ASLE)
- Underwriting syndicate in a US$100 million underwritten follow-on offering
- US public and private companies in board and corporate governance matters
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law 2018
B.S., University of Texas 2014
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises SemaConnect in its acquisition by Blink Charging Co. for US$200 million
21 June 2022 .3 minute read