Jacob Thomsen provides advice within commercial law to Danish as well as foreign enterprises, focusing particularly on insurance law, the law of damages and dispute resolution.
Within the field of insurance law, Jacob deals primarily with commercial insurance.
He has profound knowledge of the conditions of commercial and product liability insurance and has, moreover, been involved in product recall insurance, product contamination insurance, directors and officers liability insurance, professional liability insurance, crime insurance, warranty and indemnity insurance, buildings and contents insurance, and travel insurance.
Jacob has participated in the resolution of a number of lawsuits and arbitration proceedings. In that connection, he has gained extensive experience in handling proceedings relating to insurance coverage and contractual as well as non-contractual damages, including very comprehensive cases concerning management and auditor liability.
- Certified arbitrator, the education programme for arbitrators operated by the Association of Danish Law Firms, 2013
- University of Aarhus, Master of Law, 2003
- "Can an estate in bankruptcy file creditors’ claims for damages?" (published in Danish only), Erhvervsjuridisk Tidsskrift, a Danish commercial-law periodical, No 2, 2010
- "Online Marketing of Food - The “Internal Market Clause” of the e-Commerce Directive from a Danish Perspective", European Food and Feed Law Review, No 4, 2006
- "Warranties in contracts on the sale of goods" (published in Danish only), Justitia, the Danish periodical of outstanding legal theses, No 4, 2004
Jacob Thomsen has lectured in the law of damages at continuing training courses for lawyers.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Co-founder of Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC)
- The Danish Association of Insurance Law (the Danish section of the International Insurance Law Association (AIDA))
- The Danish Arbitration Association
- Foreningen for Erstatnings- og Forsikringsret (specialist association for the law of damages and insurance law, the Association of Danish Law Firms)
- Foreningen af Procedureadvokater (the Danish association of litigation lawyers)
- The Danish Insurance Association