João Nuno Azevedo NevesHe/himPartner
João Nuno Azevedo Neves is one of the ABBC’s founding partners, and was also the founding partner of Azevedo Neves, Benjamim Mendes & Associados (1981-2007).
João Nuno Azevedo Neves practice focus on Litigation, Arbitration, and Private Clients, especially in restructuring offamily assets. He is recognized as one of the Most In Demand Arbitrators in Portugal, being an arbitrator in the Arbitration Center of the Luso Spanish Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in the Lisbon Commercial Association, and in the Litigation Center Concórdia.
João Nuno Azevedo Neves contributes frequently to national and international publications about Litigation and Arbitration, being also speaker in several congresses and conferences about these matters.
- Lisbon University School of Law, Law Degree, 1968
- Distinguished by Chambers and Partners as one of the leading lawyers in Dispute Resolution in Portugal
- Distinguished by Best Lawyers 2020 in Litigation
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Concordia Conciliation and Arbitration Center
- Founding member of the Portuguese Arbitration Association
- Founding member of the Portuguese Association of the European Law
- Superior Council of the Portuguese Bar Association, 1993-2001
- General Council of the Portuguese Bar Association, 1981-1983
- Lisbon Council of the Portuguese Bar Association, 1975-1977
- Honorary President, Associação de Solidariedade Social D. Pedro V
- Honorary President, Friends of Santa Maria Hospital Association and Vice-President