Barry NoonanLegal Director
Barry has significant experience advising on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leases, sales and purchases of commercial property, as well as the property aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
Barry also advises on hotel and leisure law matters and has advised owners, operators and banks on various aspect of hotel management agreements and related documents, as well on the hospitality law aspects arising in hotel acquisitions and disposals.
- Advised Slate Asset Management on the property aspects of its bid to acquire and takeover of Yew Grove REIT P.L.C.
- Advised Lufthansa Technik on the negotiation of a pre-let of a built-to-suit handling facility in Ireland.
- Advised Tourism Development and Investment Company PJSC on the disposal of certain key assets to Aldar Properties PJSC in 2018 for approximately USD1 billion.*
- Advised Masdar on the preparation of its master community documentation relating to its sustainable city development in Abu Dhabi as well as the disposal of numerous plots to sub-developers, including on the numerous landlord and tenant matters and the preparation of standard form lease documentation.*
- Advised HUB71 on a lease of a premises to WeWork in Abu Dhabi, including on the fit-out and development of the premises.*
- Advised Nomura on the lease of its premises in the DIFC in Dubai, including on the pre-let and fit-out aspects of the transaction.*
- Advised numerous hotel owners on negotiations relating to the appointment of branded hotel operators. This work includes the negotiation of the hotel management agreement itself and any ancillary documents, including technical services agreements, centralised services agreements, key money agreements and non-disturbance agreements involving hotels in a wide range of jurisdictions opposite many of the major hotel brands, including Hilton, IHG, Rezidor, Hyatt, Rotana, Marriott, Accor and Four Seasons.*
- Advised Saudi Aramco on a long lease agreement with McDermott for the establishment of a fabrication facility in Saudi Arabia.*
- Part of the team that advised Hammerson PLC and Allianz on the acquisition of the Project Jewel asset portfolio for approximately €1.85 billion.*
*Denotes work at a previous firm
- University College Cork, LLM, 2008
- University College Cork, BCL, 2007
- Diploma from London School of Economics, Certificate in real estate and finance
- Rising Star in UAE real estate law in the Legal500’s 2020 and 2021 publications.
- Guest lecturer for NUIG on ‘Real Estate Finance transactions’ as part of its LLM course on International Commercial Law.
- Prior to joining DLA Piper Ireland in 2021, Barry worked for a Magic Circle law firm for over five years in the United Arab Emirates.
- Before that, Barry trained, qualified and worked in the commercial real estate department of a large Irish law firm for six years.