Alexandra LyonsSenior Associate
Alexandra Lyons joined the team as a Senior Associate in October 2021. She advises on complex policy coverage and acts in multi-jurisdictional insurance and reinsurance disputes and subrogated recovery actions, particularly in the property and energy markets including in the construction, oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation and renewables sectors. She has extensive experience advising London market (Lloyd’s and company) and international insurers and reinsurers. She has previously undertaken a secondment to a global insurer.
- Advising and defending Lloyd’s and Company market insurers in relation to Covid-19 BI claims, with a particular focus on both UK and ROW claims.
- Advising Lloyd’s and Company market reinsurers in relation to Covid-19 related presentations, with a particular focus on Property/BI.
- Advising reinsurers on complex PD and BI coverage issues following the failure of a transformer at a power plant and helping them to negotiate a resolution of the multi-million dollar loss impacted by the energy price crisis in late 2021.
- Acting for primary and excess layer insurers on USD 1.3 billion insurance coverage dispute regarding a North Sea jack-up platform.
- Acting for reinsurers in Trinidad and Tobago litigation concerning coverage dispute following subsea cable failure affecting the electrical grid.
- Advising on significant PD and BI facultative reinsurance claim concerning cable damage at windfarm offshore Germany.
- King’s College London, Law LLB (Hons), 2011
- Trainee Solicitor and Associate, London headquartered international law firm, 2014 to 2021
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society
My latest insights
Governing law and jurisdiction clauses: the importance of clear drafting
27 February 2023 .5 minute read
DLA Piper's Practical Guide for Claims Managers in 2022 – Part 9
28 September 2022 .22 minute read