I believe trust, curiosity and empathy underpin any good client relationship.
Paula Anghel is an employment lawyer, with over 11 years’ experience advising international and domestic clients on a wide spectrum of employment matters pertaining to their operations - in Romania and in cross-border contexts.
Paula regularly advises on complex investigations and disciplinary cases, various scenarios of employment termination, including redundancy or mutually agreed exits, collective agreements and social dialogue, as well as various employer/employee rights including compensations and benefits, such as equity/share profit incentive plans or tax exemptions.
She has also significantly worked on transactional matters, on complex transfers of undertakings, and also on specific projects on highly particular regulatory matters (including licensing for performing authorized activities on the Romanian market). Paula also has developed niche specialized skills regarding employee data processing especially in the context of the GDPR applicability, having participated as speaker at a high number of conferences and seminars on various topics related to data privacy in employment.
Also, Paula is actively involved in pro bono and fundraising work, as part of our firm's CSR activity, partnering with UNICEF and several other NGOs in projects with local / global level impact. While typically working with a wide range of clients, Paula's particular focus and expertise is extensive in connection with the specifics of the Technology, Life Sciences, Financial Services and Aviation sectors.
- Advising a US company with an unrivalled portfolio of data infrastructure semiconductor technology – on virtually all employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market, as a result of acquiring a leader in high speed data movement with relevant operations in Romania.
- Advising one of the top aircraft engine manufacturers offering engines for the majority of commercial aircraft on significant on significant employment projects, ranging from introduction of special safety-centred internal policies and programs, complex social dialogue matters, working time arrangements with special consideration of the activity specifics, to updating internal employment documentation.
- Partnering – for more than a decade - with one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies on complex employment matters as diverse as handling day-to-day employee issues, implementation of innovative internal policies on key topics, employee e-signature programs and exceptional projects.
- Acting as long-time trusted advisor of a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company on day-to-day employment matters and also with respect to particular business projects and specific termination of employment cases, based on our extensive Technology sector knowledge and our deep understanding of their business-process-outsourcing model.
- Advising one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies and with notable operations in Romania on employment sensitive work, as well as day-to-day matters, ranging from general implementation of employer internal policies to complex cross-border projects, factoring in our Life Sciences insight and exceptional synergies with our practices and DLA Piper offices.
- Advising a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety – on virtually all employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market, as a result of the acquisition of a multinational computer security software company, as well as advising in the post-acquisition phase on a full spectrum of labour matters.
- Advising the leading service production company in Romania by preparing and delivering specific harassment and discrimination prevention trainings to film cast and crew in anticipation of them starting film production in Romania in collaboration with US-based studios with a view of safe professional environment on set, being mindful of industry concerns around these topics.
- Advising a leading integrated cloud communications platform by providing sophisticated employment law guidance on complex employment matters, including on working time arrangements / on-call policy, as well as electronic signing of employment documentation, factoring our in-depth knowledge of the Technology sector.
- National Institute for Training and Perfecting Lawyers, 2013
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LLB, 2010
- May 2018 - to date: DLA Piper Romania, Senior Associate
- May 2016 - April 2018: DLA Piper Romania, Managing Associate
- May 2013 - April 2016: DLA Piper Romania, Associate
- February 2011 - April 2013: DLA Piper Romania, Junior Associate
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar Association