Advising clients in every major center of hydrogen activity
Renewable hydrogen and ammonia will become key energy sources in the transition to a cleaner, lower carbon economy, especially in applications that are not suited to electrification. We have market-leading experience advising on the development and financing of first of kind green hydrogen and ammonia projects around the globe.
Green hydrogen, ammonia and other renewable fuels of non-biological origin (RFONBOs) will play an important role in the global energy mix and in the transition to net zero.
We are active across the full value chain. Our experience covers production of RFONBOs to end market users and includes the development and financing of production facilities and receiving terminals, feedstock supply and offtake arrangements, technology licensing, construction strategies, ancillary services, utilities supply, storage and shipping, and pipelines and other transportation arrangements.
“A diverse group of businesses are eager to stake a claim and invest in this fast-moving sector. We have the skills and experience to work with each of them.”
A diverse group of businesses are eager to stake a claim and invest in this fast-moving sector including utilities, energy majors, funds, technology companies, and developers. We have the skills and experience to work with each of them, helping to shape their vision and strategies in renewable hydrogen.
This includes putting together experienced cross-disciplinary teams who understand what it takes to develop a hydrogen project.
Wherever you are doing business, you have access to the best available local advice, industry best practice and knowledge of the latest international developments.
- Advising NEOM Green Hydrogen Company in connection with the development of its green hydrogen and ammonia export project in Saudi Arabia. NEOM Green Hydrogen Company is a joint venture between NEOM Company, ACWA Power and Air Products. The project comprises 4 GW of renewable power and 2 GW of electrolysis capacity as well as an ammonia plant that will produce 1.2 million tons of green ammonia per annum making it the world's first industrial scale project of its kind.
- Advising ENGIE on the development, construction and financing of the first phase of the Project Yuri renewable hydrogen production facility – including negotiating the key project documentation, finance, due diligence, real estate and native title. The project will consist of a 10 MW electrolyzer, an 18 MW PV array and an 8 MW battery energy storage system to harvest the abundant solar resource in Western Australia to produce renewable hydrogen to be supplied as a feedstock to produce renewable ammonia to service local and export markets.
- Advising SG H2 Energy Global, LLC in an offtake agreement for a clean hydrogen plant in Southern California. We are representing SG H2 in in the development and financing of a hydrogen production facility, including the negotiation and signing of the recently concluded hydrogen offtake agreement with Iwatani Corporation and a public private partnership agreement with the City of Lancaster, California.
- Advising SG H2 Energy Global, LLC on the negotiation of joint venture agreements for the development of hydrogen production projects in the US, Australia, Malta and Poland.
- Advising Michelin on its hydrogen mobility service, which involved the preparation and negotiation of contracts with customers, vehicle financing agreements, supply agreements, IT services agreements and advice on a zero-emission bonus.
- Advising ITM Power on the establishment of a joint venture with Linde Group to supply of renewable hydrogen for large-scale industrial projects including ammonia and refinery projects.
- Advising National Grid on a joint venture for a hydrogen-ready power station on the Isle of Grain site, home to the UK’s leading liquefied natural gas importation and storage facility.
- Advising Orsted on transactions and joint ventures regarding circular economy and green hydrogen creation, including a joint venture related to the production of green hydrogen to be provided to the Hamburg airport in order to fuel airplanes and sell hydrogen to petrol stations.
- Advising Diageo on negotiating contracts with BOC Gases to supply hydrogen to the Butamer facility and licensing space in the plant for BOC hydrogen processing equipment.
- Advising an Asian fund on its equity investment in a special purpose company to implement hydrogen-based energy storage systems in Europe.