Your business imperatives drive our litigation strategy
Our commercial litigators and trial lawyers are also business enablers, protecting and defending your commercial interests across all of the key jurisdictions and international resolution forums. Our dispute resolution solutions align with your business goals, whether that means disposing of litigation quickly or preparing for court.
As one of the world’s largest litigation practices, we deliver courtroom advocacy that combines our sophisticated experience and global reach. Our skills are reflected in the volume of diverse cases that we resolve, including single and multidefendant claims, large-scale litigation, cross-border litigation, class actions, and related parallel proceedings.
Technical and legal fluency across sectors allows us to apply our subject matter experience wherever it is required, including disputes in life sciences, technology, consumer goods, financial services, and other industries.
“From global supply chain management to emerging Sustainability and ESG issues, we can defend you in litigation and help to protect your brands.”
Our litigators are particularly experienced in Banking and Financial Services disputes, General Contract and Business Torts, Consumer Protection and False Advertising, Human Trafficking and Abuse Litigation, Insurance and Reinsurance claims and disputes, Partnership and M&A disputes, UHNW disputes, Professional Liability, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Construction disputes, and Healthcare litigation.
We understand and forecast the market forces, evolving regulations, and global geopolitical tensions that can disrupt your business. From global supply chain management to emerging Sustainability and ESG issues, we can defend you in litigation and help to protect your brands.
As innovators in litigation technology and AI, we also use cutting edge tools to track and measure productivity while managing your matters efficiently.
Awards and recognition
- Represented biotech and life sciences companies in litigation arising from M&A transactions and joint development disputes.
- Won an eight-figure monetary award for WorldCom and successfully defended claims seeking termination of a multi-year, multibillion-USD contract after a two-week arbitration in New York
- Obtained dismissal of bad faith, breach of contract and consumer fraud act claims asserted by class against insurance carrier
- Represented medical device company in dispute with former distributors arising out of acquisition of competitor company. Resolved on terms favorable to client
- Represented publicly held technology company in a breach of contract arbitration against a large Japanese company relating to the development and sale of next-generation portable MP3 audio players for automobiles. Settled on favorable terms.
- Defended the founder of an IT services company against fraud and contractual misrepresentation claims brought by a private equity firm following recapitalization of the company. After one week trial, arbitrator rejected fraud claim outright and awarded less than three percent of the contractual damages claim
- Defended a publicly held IT services company against a contract claim for a transaction fee brought by an investment banking and consulting firm following the sale of the company's Asian subsidiaries. Obtained summary judgment and successfully defended judgment on appeal.
•Represented a distributor against a manufacturer of nationally known fitness equipment on trial of the unlawful termination of the distributorship
- Representation of national restaurant franchiser in trial in Connecticut involving allegations of breach of contract and fraud. Motion for judgment at conclusion of plaintiff's case granted
- Defense of non-profit relief organization with global operations against allegations it was bound by a letter of intent to purchase the plaintiff’s commercial building, despite certain environmental hazards found on the property. After a two-week trial, the jury returned a verdict for the defendant on all claims
- Successfully represented an airplane company in a contract dispute that enforced client’s rights to recover on a contract by which it sold trade claims to another company.
- Secured a trial victory in the New York County Supreme Court for a US subsidiary of a Spanish conglomerate concerning a procurement contract dispute The contract is the largest commercial contract that a Spanish company has ever been awarded outside of Spain.
- Represented a Texas-based energy company, in an ad hoc arbitration in New York under the SMA Rules with a Belgian shipowner.
- Achieved a substantial victory for an investment firm for breach of a continuing guaranty concerning a USD16 million development loan that was accelerated based upon material adverse change default.
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian group in relation to a USD10 billion fraud claim in the Cayman Islands and related proceedings in Bahrain, Switzerland, the US and England.
- Recovering over GBP200 million for the administrators of a bridging finance company which was the subject of an extensive and high-profile fraud by one of its directors in proceedings in Pakistan, Dubai, Greece, Spain and Portugal.
- An international FMCGs company in successfully resisting the imposition of liability for mass claims arising out of an attack by armed invaders on a plantation operated by an indirect subsidiary
- An open cast mining company in successfully resisting an application for a group litigation order made on behalf of 500 residents of a town who sought to bring claims of private nuisance in relation to a land reclamation site
- A global bank in resisting an attempt to join it into a group litigation order involving claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation arising from allegedly faulty silicone breast implant surgeries. Our work includes advising the bank on, and managing, a bespoke settlement process
Latest news and insight
No Rubber Stamp: Rectification of Register of Members is a Discretionary Remedy, Not...
11 August 2023 .6 minute read
First substantive ruling in global Russia aviation cases finds retention of aircraft is...
25 July 2023 .6 minute read