Agile solutions for success in healthcare innovation
Advances in technology continue to push the boundaries of healthcare delivery and offer exciting solutions to some of the industry’s greatest challenges. We understand the digital health environment, its complexities and opportunities. And we provide innovative, integrated advice that helps you achieve your goals.
The rapidly evolving intersection of technology and healthcare is transforming not only the quality of patient care, but how care is defined and who delivers it. Digital health companies are striving to reduce costs and improve quality, while responding to the legal implications of new technology, and scrutiny from federal, state and international regulatory bodies.
We partner with healthcare entrepreneurs, health systems, payors, providers, investors, and manufacturers to mitigate risk and maximize the benefits of digital health innovation.
Clients turn to us for advice on all aspects of health technology, including AI, telehealth and telemedicine, digital therapeutics, apps and wearable technology, big data, cybersecurity and privacy.
We have helped create regional, national and global telehealth networks. We have also assisted many clients with the integration of AI and machine learning software with medical devices and pharmaceutical products.
“We understand the healthcare system, the legal landscape, and the challenges you need to solve, and we will partner with you to ensure you achieve your strategic goals.”
Our interdisciplinary Digital Health team includes healthcare regulatory, FDA, privacy, cybersecurity, litigation, corporate, and intellectual property lawyers – some of whom are former government regulators, congressmen, medical doctors, and software entrepreneurs. We also have non-lawyer security consultants, political strategists, and health economists on our team. These different perspectives mean our clients get comprehensive advice and innovative solutions.
Our lawyers are thought leaders in digital health laws and compliance risks and routinely partner with industry associations to advise on policies. Together with Duke Health, Mayo Clinic, UC Berkeley, and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, we helped to set up the Health AI Partnership to standardize industry best practices on the use of AI software.
We understand the healthcare system, the legal landscape, and the challenges you need to solve, and we will partner with you to ensure you achieve your strategic goals.
Awards and recognition
- Recognized for digital health work during the COVID-19 pandemic, Financial Times North America Innovative Lawyers 2020 report
- #2 Global Elite Law Firm, Thomson Reuters 2022
- Top 10 Most Innovative Law Firm, Thomson Reuters 2022
- Top ranked, Most Recommended Law Firms by GCs, BTI Consulting 2021
- Established the Health AI Partnership, together with Duke Health, Mayo Clinic, UC Berkeley, and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, to standardize industry best practices on leveraging AI software (“medical AI”) and distribute key insights and guidance in the form of an open-source curriculum
- Assisted global pharmaceutical companies with their digital health strategy and collaborations, including companion digital solutions to drug products
- Created regional, national and global telehealth networks in a variety of medical disciplines
- Assisted life sciences clients with the integration of AI and machine learning software with medical devices and pharmaceutical products
- Assisted several pharmaceutical manufacturers on facilitating telemedicine encounters with an independent telemedicine service with respect to specific disease states
- Assisted a major digital health consultancy on designing technical specifications, liability and risk mitigations, product and user guides, and other materials for medical AI application
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company regarding the potential acquisition of a digital health company offering a Bluetooth-enabled sensor device that monitors inhaler usage and a related patient-facing mobile application
- Represented a global medical device manufacturer on its acquisition of a digital health company focused on respiratory care and management using a connected health platform offering sensor trackers, patient-facing application, and a provider portal
- Represented a start-up health technology company offering a wearable heart arrythmia detection and recording patch on its services arrangement with a telecardiology company to perform remote ECG interpretations
- Represented private equity, investors, and financing entities with respect to investments in digital health and medical AI projects