6 December 2021 • 1 minute read
Get ready for collective actions in Europe
Our Global Class Actions Group have spoken to consumer organisations, litigation funders and claimant lawyers across the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom about the Collective Redress Directive (CRD) and its implications. The CRD creates a pan-European system of class actions for any breach of European law.
Our client risk report “Get ready for collective actions in Europe”, summarises the key trends and risks that consumer businesses in Europe may face following the CRD's implementation at the end of 2022.
The report covers:
- potential strategies of consumer organisations, funders and claimant lawyers;
- markets of specific concern;
- sectors such as financial services, technology, consumer goods, aviation, life sciences and industrials that are likely targets;
- high risk issues including greenwashing, air pollution, product safety and financial regulation; and
- reviewing the potential impact on non-EU incorporated businesses.
If you have any questions, or would like to arrange a confidential risk briefing for your in-house team, please get in touch.