Corina Bădiceanu LL.B.Managing Associate
As a lawyer skilled in intellectual property law and personal data protection, with a practice law in Romania, Corina Bădiceanu has 10 years of professional experience (including the e-health field).
She has advised a number of well-known clients in the technology industry (e.g. DCS Fast Link, Roboself or Vveee Media), in various aspects related to the drafting of appropriate license agreements, securing intellectual property rights over the technology as well as compliance with personal data protection legal framework.
Her extended experience in the tech sector relates to setting up their software licensing contractual framework and securing intellectual property rights over the technology, license and re-seller agreements covering the legal regime of the machine learning data, reverse engineering and testing on software products, as well as software development framework services agreement.
Corina is also knowledgeable about media industry and the film production service agreements, particularly, having provided assistance to Icon Films, the leading service production company in Romania, in a series of projects carried out by this company in Romania.
- Assisted a fraud prevention and identity verification platform in connection to the analysis of the data privacy compliance of the services performed on behalf of its users. We advised on the legal implications of processing special categories of personal data, on the specific legal requirements of obtaining a valid consent from the data subjects, as well as on aspects related to record retention, regulated content and enforceability issues outside the headquarter jurisdiction of our client.
- Assisted a leading integrated cloud communications platform in ensuring compliance from a data privacy perspective regarding record retention periods of time. Specifically, we performed an analysis of the current record retention periods of time and advised on the statutory requirements regarding certain types of records.
- Assisted a world digital infrastructure company in ensuring compliance from a data privacy perspective regarding direct marketing campaign. Specifically, we advised on the legal implications of the need to obtain consent from various data subjects, evaluating the “opt-in/opt-out” requirements in connection to B2B and B2C operations.
- Our incident response team has responded to a global data breach incident which took place in connection to the IT systems of two entities of an international bank with a solid footprint in Romania (based in Milano and Vienna) The team has advised in connection to regulatory notifications, filing of various criminal complaints as well as negotiation and management of the relation with a processor involved in the incident.
- Advising an international manufacturer of branded chocolate and confectionery products in connection to a nationwide marketing campaign which involved in particular the use of several photographs depicting various Romanian well-known sites, buildings or symbols. Role: We performed the analysis regarding the legal regime of the use of such well-known sites, buildings or symbols for promotional purposes.
- Our incident response team has responded to a major global cyber-attack perpetrated against an international brewing company. The ransomware attack impacted vast portions of the businesses global network infrastructure and resulted in large numbers of encrypted machines across the environment. The attack had brought global business operations to a stand still and so a large part of DLA’s instruction has related to disaster recovery as well as incident response and risk mitigation.
- Assisted a local games studio in connection to the largest 2020 exit-type transaction in the Romanian tech industry. We supported our client fully with a cross-practice approach, including legal advice regarding the intellectual property and data protection related questions coming from the due diligence exercise as well as with other intellectual property related remedial actions needed in view of the transaction. Additionally, we have provided assistance in connection to the drafting and negotiation of a marketing services agreement with a key component regarding the licensing of the intellectual property results of the services.
- Advising a highly scalable, fast and secure blockchain platform for distributed apps in connection to a complex alleged copyright and trademark infringement dispute involving the alleged unlawful use of the name of certain well-known characters in the J.R.R. Tolkien series of publishing works.
- Advised a Romanian based investment platform specialized in sourcing, vetting, financing and scaling tech start-ups in connection to an European Union trademark dispute involving the alleged similarity of the the client's trademark application with the a presumably similar trademark.
- College Juridique Franco-Roumain d'Etudes Europeenes, Master I - Droit International et Europeen des Affaires, 2012
- College Juridique Franco-Roumain d'Etudes Europeenes, Licence en droit, 2011
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Laws, 2011
- April 2021 – present: DLA Piper Romania, Managing Associate
- August 2018 – April 2021: DLA Piper Romania, Associate
- October 2017 – July 2018: local law firm, Associate
- February 2014 – September 2017: local law firm, Junior Lawyer
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar
My latest insights
VAT Grouping Unpacked Podcast Episode 5: VAT Group – opportunities for (partially) exempt...
26 October 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read