Dale K. CathellPartner
With a diverse commercial litigation and bankruptcy practice, Dale Cathell regularly represents financial institutions and other creditor clients in a broad range of matters before state and federal courts.
Additionally, he represents secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, trustees, lessors and committees in bankruptcy cases. Dale has experience at both the trial and appellate level in a wide variety of complex litigation matters including the defense of lender liability claims, professional malpractice claims, and commercial contract claims.
Dale has experience in a wide variety of debtor-creditor disputes (including loan workouts, collection matters and lender liability matters), Uniform Commercial Code disputes (including breach of warranty matters, consignor matters, lien priority contests and matters relating to the enforcement of remedies by a secured creditor), and real estate disputes (including receiverships, fraudulent conveyance matters, foreclosures and title insurance matters).
- In re Nortel Networks, Inc. (Bankr. Del. 2009): Represented one of the largest creditors in Nortel, a multi-national bankruptcy filing which was filed in Canada, Delaware and Europe. Represented creditor in all three jurisdictions
- In re Neenah Enterprises, Inc. (Bankr. Del. 2010): Counsel to one of the largest creditors of Neenah, one of the largest foundry companies in the United States. Successfully obtained client’s appointment to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors
- In re Old Carco LLC (f/k/a Chrysler LLC) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2009): Counsel for one of the largest utility companies in the Chapter 11 Chrysler bankruptcy filed in the Southern District of New York
- In re Th Properties, LP (Bankr. E.D. Pa. 2009): Represented one of the largest secured creditors in this large home builder bankruptcy filing in Pennsylvania
- In re Lyondell Chemical Company, Inc. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2009): Counsel to a large unsecured creditor in one of the largest chemical company bankruptcies in the United States. Represented client in bankruptcy related litigation in both the United States and the Netherlands
- In re Tweeter Entertainment Group Inc. (Bankr. Del. 2007): Counsel to one of the largest consignors of goods to this national retailer
- J.D., University of Baltimore 2001
Heisler Honor Society
University of Baltimore Law Review Staff Member
magna cum laude
- B.A., University of Maryland 1998
In 2016, Dale was named to The Daily Record's Very Important Professionals (VIP) list. The annual list recognizes Maryland professionals under the age of 40 for their professional accomplishments, community service and the impact of their achievements in the community.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar of Maryland
- Chesapeake Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association