Best Lawyers and Handelsblatt recommend 10 partners from DLA Piper Vienna
Success for DLA Piper’s Vienna office this year’s ranking of US publisher Best Lawyers for the German media “Handelsblatt”: a total of ten lawyers were recommended in 2022. The number of lawyers listed in the ranking has risen steadily in recent years: While partners Maria Doralt, Georg Krakow, Christoph Mager and Stephan Nitzl entered the ranking for the first time last year, Elisabeth Stichmann was listed for the first time this year.
Elisabeth Stichmann advises national and international clients on the entire range of corporate and commercial law, including regulatory matters in connection with market entry into Austria. She also has a strong US focus in her work and specializes in M&A, strategic advice to shareholders in listed and private companies, international group structuring including post-M&A integrations and acquisition structuring as well as in foundation law.
The ranking, which was compiled exclusively for “Handelsblatt”, is based on an extensive peer-to-peer survey. In this survey, only lawyers are asked about the reputation of their peers. The US publisher Best Lawyers is regarded as the market leader in the USA for evaluating lawyers and the rankings have a long tradition there. The recommendation lists have been published in the USA for over 25 years. For the thirteenth time, Best Lawyers compiled the ranking of the best Austrian lawyers in the various fields of law exclusively for the “Handelsblatt”.
The following Viennese DLA Piper partners were ranked:
- Maria Doralt; Corporate Law
- Sabine Fehringer; Telecommunications Law
- Georg Krakow; criminal law
- Christoph Mager; M&A law
- Stephan Nitzl; employment law
- Elisabeth Stichmann; corporate law
- Christian Temmel; capital markets law, corporate law, M&A law
- Claudine Vartian; competition law/antitrust law, regulatory law, telecommunications law
- Oskar Winkler; corporate law, real estate law
- Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik; banking and finance law