Francisco Bachiller StröhleinLegal Director
Francisco is a Legal director in the corporate team of DLA Piper’s Madrid office and part of the M&A practice group, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, private and public, both for national and international clients, joint ventures, with a focus on corporates and real estate and private equity funds and venture capital deals, restructurings/insolvency and general corporate work. Francisco represents clients ranging from portfolio companies, through venture capital firms, strategic corporate and institutional investors to private equity funds.
In addition, Francisco has participated in various equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, rights issues and block trades.
Francisco has experience in debt capital markets transactions, being involved in the establishment of debt/commercial paper/bond (ECP and MTN) programmes and other securities issuances.
Francisco also has experience in project finance deals, financing and re-financing transactions, advising both lenders and borrowers.
- Advising international insurer on the acquisition of the majority stake of leading investment firms in a residential platform (SOCIMI) specialising in rental housing in Spain.
- Advising 2 leading multinational insurance companies on their respective and separate potential joint ventures into the Spanish logistics sector through the acquisition of a large income-generating portfolio of assets.
- Advising leading French bank on its acquisition of the car-leasing business of a large Spanish bank.
- Advising world’s largest provider of temperature-controlled logistics solutions on its acquisition of strategic assets/companies in Spain.
- Advising Korean investment group on the acquisition of the new headquarters in Spain of a leading European bank.
- Advising international investment fund on its joint venture with a leading Spanish developer for the development of logistics properties throughout Spain.
- Advising Italian listed infrastructure company in its joint venture with leading Spanish listed infrastructure and construction company related to a top international manager of toll roads.
- Advising top international e-commerce company and global venture capital fund and other investors in the series B, C, D and E funding round of international on-demand delivery start-up.
- Advising worldwide leader in quality life services in the acquisition of international hospitality solutions group.
- Advising Spanish telecom infrastructure company in the deployment and operation of next-generation submarine cable connecting Europe and South America.
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, New York, NY, LL.M., May 2012
- UNIVERSIDAD PONTIFICIA DE COMILLAS (ICADE), Madrid, Spain, Licenciado en Derecho y Diplomatura en Relaciones Internacionales, June 2009
- EBERHART-KARLS UNIVERSITÄT TÜBINGEN, Tübingen, Germany, Erasmus Scholarship: February 2008
- Proposed for Iberian Lawyer 40 under 40 awards (2020)
- Lectures and debates at to Spanish law faculties
- M&A seminars (internal and external)
- Member of DLA Piper’s “Project Excellence” initiative for the standardisation of agreements and corporate documents
- Refinancing and judicial composition/settlement agreements
- Seminar at ICADE presenting DLA and case study for students
- General corporate and other (team-building) workshops
- July 2017 - present - DLA Piper (Madrid)
- September 2012 - July 2017 - International law firm (Madrid)
- September 2009 - July 2011 - International law firm (Madrid - Lawyer)
- July 2008 - September 2008 - International law firm (Madrid/London - Internship)
- July 2006 - September 2006 - Choice Hotels International, Inc. (Washington D.C. - Summer intern Legal Dpt.)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Francisco is a member of the Madrid Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Madrid) and part of Columbia University's Alumni association.