South African Employment Update: 2022 Review and 2023 Preview
1 March 2023, 8:30am - 10:30am SAST, DLA Piper South Africa
Join us as we review the state of employment law in South Africa at the end of another extraordinary year and discuss what’s next for global employers. We will explore key trends that emerged during 2022, analyse significant changes that are likely to endure, and present our predictions for 2023. Among the topics we will examine are:
- The amendments to the Employment Equity Act, 1998.
- The new Harassment Code and what it means for employers.
- Legal developments in respect of the employment of foreign nationals: the Employment Services Act, 2014.
- Year in Review: Case law update from 2022.
- Hot topics:
- Disciplinary hearings on paper.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- POPIA considerations for employers.