Regardless of the type of financing you need to set up or (re)negotiate, whether you are a bank, a debt fund, an investor or a national / international company, you require assistance in structuring and completing financing arrangements, in France and/or elsewhere in the world. You face complex questions that call for deep understanding and a long-term view of each project in order to achieve its specific objectives. Whether it be negotiating and/or drafting the full range of finance documents, your needs are of a legal, operational and commercial nature, and our team can provide all the necessary expertise to assist and advise you on legal issues specific to your business.
How DLA Piper can help
Our teams provide a full range of legal advice in the following areas:
Setting up in France and elsewhere in the world:
- Senior/mezzanine financing
- Unitranche financing
- LBO restructuring
Real estate financing:
- Real estate assets financing (commercial, residential, logistics)
- Real estate securities financing (listed or unlisted)
- Construction financing (sale before completion transactions otherwise known as VEFA)
- Energy sector finance (solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, etc.)
- Infrastructure and PPP/DSP finance (airports, social infrastructure, high-speed networks, etc.)
- Industrial equipment.
Restructurings and corporate finance transactions:
- Restructuring LBO or real estate financing
- Acting as adviser in out-of-court settlement proceedings (ad hoc mandate, conciliation)
- Coordination with our specialized teams (restructuring, corporate, tax, litigation)
- Debt issuance programmes (EMTN, TCN)
- Issuances on a standalone basis under French law or in foreign jurisdictions (Schuldschein, NSV) in liaison with our offices abroad
- Acting as advisor with respect to European and American regulations (AIFM, EMIR, MiFID 2, MiFIR, FATCA, Dodd-Frank)
- Relationship management vis-à-vis supervisory authorities (AMF, French Prudential Supervisory Authority) and professional authorities: preparing applications for approval, controls and investigations carried out by the authorities
- Litigation, in liaison with our specialized teams
- Framework agreements governing each market with respect to financial instruments (ISA, FBF, Euro-Master, GMRA)
- Update thereof by way of written amendments (technical addendum, Schedule EMIR)
- Drafting confirmations (structured and complex transactions, hedging)
- Corporate bilateral and syndicated loans
- Factoring programmes
Our Paris Finance and Projects team comprises more than ten lawyers, each of whom is experienced in their field and works regularly with our offices throughout the world. Each of our partners and associates within the Finance and Projects team focuses in one or more of the areas listed above. In addition, we set up multidisciplinary teams for all of the complex matters we work on, with a view to addressing our clients’ needs in a competent and responsive manner. Our integrated network of offices located in the various financial centres throughout the world allows us to support our French and international clients and meet their needs in best conditions.
DLA Piper stands out for its ‘responsiveness, rigour and pragmatism’, providing ‘honest and direct communication’. The strength of this practice lies in acquisition and real estate finance, with experience spanning refinancings, recapitalisations and restructuring matters.
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2018