Regardless of the sector, intellectual property law, new technologies and protection of personal data present major challenges for every business and industry.
In a constantly changing and rapidly globalizing environment, it is necessary to not only have technical skill, but also to anticipate complex issues and problems related to intellectual property, technology and data. In this context, thanks to our experience, we can assist in all aspects of IP & T law from the creation of intellectual property rights to their execution and defense, through to the development of a digital strategy (Big Data, connected objects), the optimization of business tools (cloud computing, e- and m-commerce) and the setting up of new technologies for communication and data management (telemedicine).
How DLA Piper can help
Our team can assist in elaborating operational solutions tailored to specific challenges:
- Protection, management, valuation and defense of intangible assets in France and abroad:
- Counsel and litigation related to trademarks, domain names, patents, copyright, databases
- Deposit policy and portfolio management
- License contracts and assignment of intellectual property rights, R & D, transfer of knowhow
- Contractualization (negotiation and drafting) of commercial contracts regarding information technologies:
- Software package integration, outsourcing, maintenance, contracts of development, assistance with project management, license
- Internet contracts (accommodation, general conditions, online learning contracts, e-procurement, ASP contracts, web-agency contract, certification services, IT charters)
- Legal aspects related to operational management of IT projects (implementation of ERP, software package integration, outsourcing/managed services) and IT parks
- Framing of personal data management legal aspects:
- Analysis of new products and services impact, data security policy strategies, assistance with security vulnerabilities, risk analysis in high-risk environment (telemedicine, e-discovery, governmental investigations)
- Declarative aspects and relations with CNIL, drafting documents related to implementation of treatments, particularly including international transfers, training and audit on compliance with the Data Protection Act, personal data management policies.
Our IP & T team in France is one of the biggest on the market with more than 20 IP&T lawyers, including seven partners in an international team of 550 lawyers. We have recognized experience with domestic and international customers in many economic sectors. We are recognized for our understanding of intellectual property, information technology and outsourcing (we assist mainly service providers, but also public and private users), electronic communication/telecom, internet, e-commerce, media, audiovisual and in the protection of personal data. In each of these areas, we are involved in advice and in litigation.
Outstanding technology and IT practice, with an excellent reputation for IT implementation projects, integrations and outsourcings, as well as acquisitions and disputes within the technology area. Has a growing focus on data protection and data privacy matters, bolstered by the recent arrival of Denise Lebeau-Marianna.
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS 2018, Band 1 TMT: Information Technology
Internationally-driven practice covering all areas of IP for litigation and transactional work. Experienced in trade mark portfolio management as well as infringement proceedings.
"The IP team in Paris has always been extremely responsive and efficient"
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS 2018