DLA Piper New Zealand acts for private equity institutions, investors, investees, venture capitalists, funds management teams, and leading banks.
We combine legal skills with commercial judgment and sound industry knowledge to add value to our clients' businesses.
Our depth of experience in venture capital in New Zealand traces back to the industry's origins here.
DLA Piper New Zealand offers advice through the entire lifecycle of a private equity transaction. This includes fund establishment, seed and early stage investment and expansion. We are also experienced in advising on best exits, whether by buyout, flotation or refinancing.
- Capital instruments including corporate debt, mezzanine finance, equity instruments
- Capital management; share buybacks, capital reductions and dividend re-investment plans
- Corporate structuring, due diligence
- Foreign investment; OIO approvals
- Investment terms and documentation
- Shareholder agreements
- Management buyouts (MBOs)
Vision Senior Living
DLA Piper New Zealand advised the client in the private equity capital raising and $54 million investment by Goldman Sachs JB Were through its Trans-Tasman Private Equity Fund. Vision Senior Living is one of New Zealand's largest developers, owners and managers of retirement living.
The Hautaki Trust
DLA Piper New Zealand advised the Trust on a US$40 million private equity capital raising by NZ Communications, now 2degrees. This organisation is a foundation shareholder in NZ Communications Ltd.