Andrzej Balicki Ph.D.Partner
Andrzej Balicki works extensively with clients from highly regulated industries, in particular life sciences and food. His practice covers regulatory counselling with respect to medicinal products, medical devices, diet supplements and foodstuffs.
Andrzej also has extensive regulatory experience under the Polish and EU law and represents clients in high-profile antitrust and public procurement cases in life sciences and energy projects.
- Advising many well-known pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, both local and international ones, on pharmaceutical and medical regulatory compliance matters, antitrust law, as well as on public procurement issues
- Representing one of the world's leading engineering and construction companies in a number of public procurement proceedings concerning the construction of power plants in Poland, including representation before the National Chamber of Appeals and regional courts
- Representing a big Polish energy company, part of the biggest Polish energy group, on court proceedings against the decision of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office concerning state aid in the form of reimbursement of so-called stranded costs
- Assistance and advice to one of the world's leading providers of defence technology during negotiation rounds concerning business agreements fulfilling the offset commitments, in particular competition law aspects of technology transfer agreements
- Advising one of the world’s leading food companies in relation to its EU-enforced sale of a business in Poland, on regulatory aspects of the sale transaction
- University of Warsaw, Ph.D. - Regulation of pharmaceuticals
- Recognized as a Leading Individual in Healthcare and Life Sciences – The Legal 500 EMEA 2020-2023
- "Andrzej Balicki is an impressive lawyer and the leading expert in Poland for any matters related to the life sciences sector. He always sees the big picture covering legal, business and human aspects of projects. Highly recommended." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Healthcare and Life Sciences 2023
- Recommended for Public Procurement and Competition/Antitrust – Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "Andrzej Balicki has extensive experience in advising the life sciences sector and is highly respected in the industry. He is a creative and client-focused problem solver. He is certainly a leading regulatory lawyer in Poland." – Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
Andrzej holds seminars to brief clients on regulatory issues in the life sciences sector and on food-related issues, including labelling and advertising, product safety and the structuring of distribution networks. He is also an author of regular sector-specific articles and provides commentaries on regulatory changes and ambiguities in new legal provisions.
Andrzej is the co-author of the first commentary on the Polish Food Law (Wolters Kluwer, 2013) and the first Polish commentary on Regulation (EC) No. 1924/2006 on nutrition and health claims (Wolters Kluwer, 2015).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Andrzej is an active member of the Experts Council at The Polish Council for Supplements and Nutritional Foods (KRSiO)