Sallie Bowtell specialises in major property projects, acting for institutional developers, foreign investors and developers, and listed and unlisted property trusts. Sallie has extensive experience in property transactions, with a recent focus on the commercial and industrial sectors. She advises on major leasing matters in the commercial, industrial and retail sectors and also has deep experience in the hotels and leisure sector.
Sallie brings extensive global experience, having spent a decade in Dubai and Bahrain, where she conducted complex regional work throughout the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa.
- Acting for a global e-commerce distributor on the structuring and acquisition of its new Australian distribution facility to support its expansion into the Australian market.
- Acting on the acquisition of Ford Australia’s former Broadmeadows and Geelong manufacturing sites and also on its high profile acquisition of the GMHolden’s former manufacturing site in Elizabeth, South Australia.
- Acting on the national rollout of solar rooftop leases over industrial properties throughout Australia for a new renewable energy fund.
- Acting on the acquisition by an investment fund of a AUD35 million, 72,000 square meters industrial estate in Brooklyn, Victoria with seven warehouses, including the ongoing estate/asset management work.
- Acting on the circa AUD100 million acquisition of a hotel and retail shopping mall including due diligence, negotiation of suite of sale contracts, advising on the suite of hotel management agreements and foreign ownership matters.
- Developing, negotiating and finalising a suite of agreements for the development and operation of 348 apartments and 106 serviced hotel apartments in a 5 star hotel complex with approximately 3,000 square meters of commercial space.
- Acting on the acquisition of land and business of the former Rydges, Swanston St (approximately AUD35 million).
- Acting on the acquisition by a Singaporean consortium on its AUD275 million purchase of a Sydney office tower from Propertylink Funds Management.
- Real estate due diligence for an ASX-listed client in respect of its acquisition of a corporate group for approximately AUD35 million. Advising on suite of warranties (real estate and environment) given the health of the leasing portfolio.
- Generally working on and supervising various office and retail leasing matters and subleases for national clients including Bunnings, Officeworks, Target, Kmart and AECOM across Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia.
- September 2018-December 2021: Mid-tier national firm.
- January 2020-December 2021: Joint head of real estate, Melbourne.
- July 2007-March 2017: International firm
- 2013-2017: Partner, UAE Head of Real Estate & Head of Hospitality GCC.
- 2007-2013: Senior associate – Bahrain.