Massimo D’Andrea mainly deals with competition law, consumer protection and regulation, with a 10 years’ experience advising leading national and international clients in both contentious and transactional matters.
He has gained experience within the regulated markets with a particular focus in the electronic communications sector. Massimo is expert of commercial distribution and retail sector as well.
He is particularly experienced in providing business oriented advice on licenses and authorizations and on designing and implementing networks, systems and processes compliant with regulatory requirements. He also has experience in handling litigation cases on technically complex matters.
- Assisted a media and telecommunications company on the regulatory and contractual issues for the launch of its broadband business in Italy, including regulatory advice for obtaining the general authorizations to operate in Italy as an electronic communication services provider and for designing and implementing network, systems, and processes in compliance with telecommunications regulatory requirements.
- Assisted a leading Italian telecommunications company in the launch of its second brand company in the mobile telecommunication services business in Italy, including telecommunications regulatory and consumer protection law advice in the design of the systems and processes necessary for the operation of the new business.
- Represented a multinational telecommunications operator as claimant in a lawsuit against the incumbent operator in the markets for mobile and fixed telecommunications services for abuse of dominant position and unfair competition practices.
- Represented a multinational telecommunications operator as defendant in a lawsuit against a competitor for unfair competition practices consisting in unlawful retention of customers in the market for fixed telecommunications.
- Represented a multinational telecommunications operator as defendant in several lawsuits brought before Italian Courts of first instance and Courts of Appeal by former distributors, franchisees and dealers for alleged abuses of dominant position and/or abuses of economic dependence.
- University of Milan, Law degree, “Cattolica del Sacro Cuore”
- Before joining DLA Piper, Massimo worked for leading Italian law firms.