Arne Engesæth’s area of focus is contract law, with particular emphasis on projects. His work is related to negotiations and contract drafting, as well as advising in projects and in conflicts. He has also experience in oil and gas contracts, contracting, processing plants, consultancy agreements, IT agreements and real estate, and is often appointed as mediator and arbitrator.
Arne is ranked amongst Norway’s most prominent lawyers in his fields. He is ranked as leading in the category construction in both Legal 500 and Chambers Europe. He is also ranked as one of the leading lawyers in the categories of construction law, offshore business, and oil in Finansavisen's (Norwegian newspapers) attorney examination.
University of Oslo, Cand. jur., 1979
- A distinguished name in construction law, Arne Engesæth is recognised for his prowess in contentious mandates, particularly arbitration and mediation proceedings. One client praises his "good communication skills," while another source says: "He has a very good reputation." His cases often involve energy and infrastructure projects. Chambers & Partners, 2019
- Ranked as Leading Individual by The Legal 500 in the Construction section in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Interviewees unanimously recognise Arne Engesæth's wealth of experience assisting clients with matters relating to both onshore and offshore construction, as well as a particular expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Sources report that he is "good in negotiations." He works for a range of industries including the oil and gas sector.
Ranked in Band 1 in the Construction section by Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Arne Engesæth is described by clients as an "experienced senior lawyer with good technical knowledge, good negotiation skills and is sharp in every situation." He is a contract law specialist who is skilled in both drafting and negotiations, representing a number of clients in the oil and gas sector. He is also adept at handling project development issues and litigation.
Ranked in Band 1 in the Construction section by Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Arne Engesæth enjoys an excellent reputation in the field, and his work includes commercial property, housing projects and disputes. Interviewees highlight his vast experience in the field and say: "He is a skilled lawyer," with one client adding: "He is very honest with you and extremely good on strategy and tactical actions."
Ranked in Band 1 in the Construction section by Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Arne Engesæth specialises in construction disputes in relation to both onshore and offshore projects, and is also recommended for his expertise in construction contracts. Sources consider him "a classic name in construction in Norway" who has "very good standing."
Ranked in Band 1 in the Construction section by Chambers & Partners, 2015
- 2015 - Partner, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 1990 - 2015: Partner, different Oslo based law firms
- 1987 - 1990: General Manager, Aker Eiendom
- 1986 - 1987: Assistant Managing Director, Astrup Høyer AS
- 1982 - 1986: Lawyer, Akerkonsernet
- 1980 - 1982: University Assistant Professor, Institute for Private Law, Law Faculty, University of Oslo
- 1979 - 1980: Legal Advisor, Norges vassdrags- og energidirektorat
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Norwegian Bar Association's mediation committee