Jared GreenOf Counsel
Jared Green leads our Singapore office’s Restructuring team. Jared is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and has over 12 years PQE, during which time he has obtained experience in all aspects of non-contentious restructuring and insolvency assignments, acting for a number of stakeholders including lenders, funds, corporates, professional advisers and officeholders in respect of domestic and international restructuring and distressed and leveraged finance transactions and special situations.
- Advising the officeholders in the BVI and Cayman Islands in respect of an insolvent crypto currency fund.
- Advising a Dutch Commodities Trading company in respect of the risks associated with trading carbon credits on an exchange in Singapore and the treatment of carbon credits in the event of the insolvency of the trading platform.
- Advising the global trade finance team of a Japanese bank in respect of its exposure to a global shipping group’s insolvency proceedings in Germany and Bermuda.
- Advising a global payment technology company on a multi-million collateral arrangement with one of its banking partners.
- Advising the Administrators and Senior Secured Noteholders in relation to the enforcement rights and ultimate sale by administrators of the business and assets of a global packaging solutions company which uses IoT to track parcels across the globe.
- Advising a clearing bank in relation to the financial restructuring of a mobile phone producer.
- Advising the Administrators of Greensill Capital in relation to several complex restructurings, claims recovery and enforcement options in relation to Greensill’s various obligors.
- Advising an Environmental Commodities Trading Firm in respect of its exposure to the UK domestic energy supply market and the exercise of its contractual termination rights.
- Advising Fortress on the agreement to acquire management of Colony Capital’s Non-Digital Real Estate Funds and Related Capital Account Assets, undertaking and managing the due diligence on the UK and European investments. This matter involved a complex cross-border coordination of due diligence across our offices in Luxembourg, France, Spain and Italy.
- Advising Homebase on its acquisition of certain IP and assets of Bathstore.com.
- Advising the pension trustees of the Survitec Group in connection with the group’s £0.5 billion debt restructuring.
- Advising a club of banks on the pre-packaged sale of Evans Cycles as a going concern to Sports Direct.
- Advising a German "bad bank" on a significant debt restructuring for one of the UK's largest private hospital operators, resulting in a major recapitalisation of the business (£2 billion plus capital structure).
- Acting for PwC as the administrators in the pre-packaged sale of Conviviality PLC's business and assets (including the Bargain Booze and Wine Rack brands) to Bestway Wholesalers for £7.5 million.
- Acting for the junior secured noteholder (a NYSE-listed company) in respect of its debt and security in a large UK consumer finance business. This matter involved amending and restating the loan note and intercreditor arrangements, taking new security and advising the client in respect of its buy-out rights vis-à-vis the senior debt. We also advised the client in its due diligence and proposal to purchase the business and assets of the borrower group from the administrators.
- Acting for the Agent, syndicate of lenders and swap counterparties in relation to the refinancing of £700 million of senior debt and the release of security over the largest piece of commercial real estate in Canary Wharf, London.
- Advising on the disposal of $40 million term facilities and promissory notes. This matter involved a complex disposal of expired commercial loans (originated in the 1970s) to certain Cuban state-owned entities. The nature of the assets meant that the disposal was conducted at distressed levels with significant risk analysis required given the counterparty.
- Acting for a German "bad bank" in connection with a portfolio sale of approx. £800 million of performing and non-performing loans to a US investment bank.
- Advising Lloyds Bank Plc in relation to the refinancing of its senior facilities in connection with a higher education provider, involving issues around contingency planning, intercreditor arrangements, standstill agreements, new financing and security.
- University of West of England, Bristol, Legal Practice Course, 2006
- University of Wales, Cardiff, LLB (Hons), 2004
- Turbulent Times for Hong Kong Airlines - DLA Piper Investment Rules of the World – November 2022
- Gategroup: Planning and scheming - are super schemes actually insolvency proceedings? 23 February 2021
- The New Pre-pack Regulations – Controls on Transactions to Connected Parties, Updated 14 April 2021
- UK Corporate Insolvency & Governance Act: Termination Clauses In Supply Contracts, 28 September 2020
- Chapter 11 of an English Company - 19 Entertainment Limited - July 2016
- 2020 to date, Of Counsel, DLA Piper, Singapore (Finance, Projects & Restructuring)
- 2019 to 2020, Legal Director, DLA Piper, London (Finance, Projects and Restructuring)
- 2014 to 2019, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, London (Restructuring Group)
- 2009 to 2014, Associate, DLA Piper, London (Restructuring Group)
- 2007 to 2009, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper, London and Singapore
- November 2012 to August 2013, Seconded to the Global Non-Core - Ireland team with Lloyds Bank plc.
- January to July 2017, Seconded to the Opportunities Unit within Business Recovery Services at PwC, London; tracking large and mid-cap businesses and the European high yield bond market trying to predict corporate failure and secure restructuring mandates.
- February to March 2019, Seconded to the DLA Piper Munich office to augment relationships with the firm's German clients, explore restructuring opportunities in the German market and develop network in the country.
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Turnaround and Management Association (Singapore)
- IWIRC (Singapore)
- INSOL International (Singapore)
My latest insights
Gategroup: Planning and scheming - are super schemes actually insolvency proceedings?
23 February 2021 .13 minute read
The New Pre-pack Regulations – Controls on Transactions to Connected Parties
3 November 2020 .15 minute read