Egil Hatling is Location Head of our Restructuring Group in Norway.
Primarily, Hatling works with Corporate, Insolvency and Criminal Law. He is one of the most preferred and appointed administrators by the courts for insolvency and bankruptcy cases in Oslo. Hatling provides general counsel to a number of companies and their executive boards and management, focusing on corporate, finance and restructuring advice.
- Scandinavian Retail Company - restructuring: Egil has been the lead lawyer in an out of court restructuring matter involving companies and subsidiaries in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Sweden.
- Board Liability Claim: The leader of the board in an industrial group within the entertainment music business was sued by the bankruptcy estate and Hatling was the litigation lawyer in the matter.
- Norwegian Football Club I: Hatling was the lead lawyer in the football clubs claim against the Norwegian Government due to claim for economic damages after the verdict that the football club was found not guilty in a fraud criminal case.
- Norwegian Football Club II: One of Norways top football clubs was assisted by Hatling when they were under deeply economic distress. This case involved both company law- and economical advice issues.
- FL Holding AS: Egil has been appointed to advise in a complex insolvency proceeding involving a high profiled investor, connections to white collar crime investigations involving the tax authorities and the District Attorney. Our work has focused on illegal drawings and transactions. Our work has been concentrated on transactions in FL Holding AS and it's subsidiary Linde-Group AS, which was on the Oslo Stock Exchange back in 2003.
- Keystaff Group AS: Egil Hatling was appointed as the bankruptcy trustee for the Keystaff Group AS at its three subsidiaries (Keystaff Buskerud AS, Keystaff Recruitment AS and Keystaff Temp AS). The group of companies was acting in temporary staff recruitment business and was a follow up after the bankruptcy in the Headhunter Agency Group AS.
- University of Oslo, Candidate of Jurisprudence, 1994
- University of Southampton, Special subjects, 1994
- Egil Hatling is described by a client as a "polite, dedicated and smart man." He advises on financial restructurings and is also regularly appointed as a bankruptcy trustee. He advised The Future Group on its restructuring. Chambers & partners, 2019
- Department head Egil Hatling's practice covers restructuring, insolvency cases and disputes. Clients attest to his breadth of knowledge, noting that he has a "broad understanding of commercial issues and well-developed business acumen," and is able to "deliver difficult messages without having people get aggressive. It's very hard to dislike him." Chambers and Partners, Europe 2018
- "DLA Piper’s practice head Egil Hatling is frequently appointed as administrator of bankruptcies by the Oslo Probate and Bankruptcy Court" Legal 500 - Tier 3, 2016
- "At DLA Piper, Egil Hatling regularly acts as a court-appointed administrator and has 'excellent skills as a mediator and ability to bypass distractions'" Legal 500 - Tier 3, 2015
- 2004 - Partner, DLA Piper Norway
- 2000 - 2004 Lawyer, law firm in Oslo
- 1999 - 2000 Police adjutant, Oslo politidistrikt
- 1997 - 1999 Associate lawyer, law firm in Oslo
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of The Norwegian Bar Association
- Member of INSOL Europe