Are Hunskaar is a sought after lawyer within the construction industry. For almost 20 years he has assisted entrepreneurs, consultants and builders across the country. He has gained a great understanding of the dynamics and responsibilities between roles in the industry. He has a great understanding of business as well as an understanding of the different parties' interests.
Are was admitted to the supreme court and has long and extensive litigation experience, mainly in construction law, professional responsibility for advisors and insurance matters. He has deep insight into litigation and has assisted clients in approximately 200 lawsuits for all bodies. He can assist all types of stakeholders within the construction industry with the signing of the contract, monitoring progress and resolution of disputes before the courts or through arbitration or mediation.
Are also takes assignments as an arbitrator or mediator lawyer in contract matters.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court, 2014
- Practicing certificate, 1997
- University of Bergen, Cand. jur.,1995
- Head of department Are Hunskaar handles a range of contentious issues in the construction industry. He has particular experience acting on disputes relating to residential construction projects. Chambers & partners, 2019
- Led by Are Hunskaar, who is recognised by some clients as ‘one of the best’, DLA Piper’s practice ‘delivers extraordinarily efficient results that place it at the front of the pack’. The Legal 500, 2018
- Head of department Are Hunskaar is lauded by clients as being "energetic" and for "always responding very fast." Clients further add that his performances in court are "impressive" to watch. He frequently represents clients in contract negotiations and dispute resolutions related to construction law, including acting for COWI and AIG on a dispute with Nortura regarding an ongoing construction. Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Head of construction Are Hunskaar attracts praise for being able to "quickly understand the situation" and "analyse really complex construction claims." He is frequently involved in major construction-related litigation but is equally adept at handling contract negotiations. Chambers & Partners, 2017
- 2003 - d.d. Partner DLA Piper
- 2001 - 2003 Lawyer DLA Piper
- 2000 - 2001 Lawyer, law firm based in Oslo
- 1999 - 2000 Partner, law firm based in Oslo
- 1997 - 1998 Judge - Vinger and Odal county court
- 1995 - 1997 Lawyer, law firm based in Oslo
- 1993 - 1995 Vitenskapelig assistent for professor Arvid Frihagen - UIB