Giulia Isabella ValenziLawyer
Giulia Isabella Valenzi is a Tax Lawyer with several years of experience in advising and supporting leading international groups on tax litigation, tax planning, M&A, international taxation, VAT and on the implementation and monitoring of Tax Compliance Risk Management Systems (e.g. Tax Control Framework).
Giulia Isabella Valenzi gained degrees in Law (cum laude) and Economics and Management. Following such experiences, Giulia obtained a Master’s Degree in Tax Law, Accounting and Fiscal Planning. Before joining DLA Piper, Giulia Isabella Valenzi worked with leading Italian law firms and previously with the Office of the National General Attorney.
Giulia Isabella Valenzi is the author of many editorial contributions with the Italian publishing houses “IPSOA Wolters Kluwer” and “Il Sole24ORE”, and writes articles in scientific journals on tax law.
On the Tax Risk Compliance field, Giulia is responsible to set Tax Control Framework systems for companies, in particular for the ones aiming at joining the Cooperative Compliance Program settled by Italian law with the express purpose of avoiding any tax and criminal risks or any other penalties companies, Directors or staff may incur in. In the Tax compliance field, Giulia provides assistance on the DAC 6 reporting obligations, and on the drafting and/or updating of several compliance programs required by Decree n.231/2001 for national and multinational companies based in Italy, for the purposes of preventing any tax criminal issues.
She also advises leading companies and management teams on the tax treatments concerning remuneration arrangements, incentives (e.g. carried interest, stock options, phantom stock options), transaction of share and cash plans, securitization transactions, as well as on international taxation matters (such as application of treaties against double taxation, issues related to the existence of permanent establishments and to the controlled foreign companies).
She assists both individuals and businesses before tax Courts and tax authorities during tax audits, development of audit strategies and ensuing proceedings (e.g. tax settlement agreements).
She also supports multinational businesses on any VAT requirements to meet for trading in, investing in or carrying on business in the EU.
As for example purposes, Giulia provided her assistance, as part of the relevant tax team involved:
- in obtaining the historic judgment no. 158 on July 21, 2020, issued by the Constitutional Court, which has dismissed the question of constitutional legitimacy of Article 20 of Presidential Decree n. 131/1986 concerning the registration tax in M&A transactions;
- in structuring and setting up of the first off-shore wind farm in the Mediterranean on behalf of an Italian group;
- in the context of a restructuring transaction, aimed at purchasing a real estate portfolio on behalf of a Securitization ReoCo;
- in the context of several transactions, aimed at purchasing or selling Yacht and Vessels on behalf of foreign companies and individuals.
- Master degree in Economics, University of Rome – Tor Vergata
- Master degree in Law, University of Rome Sapienza, cum laude
- Master in Accounting, Tax law and Tax Planning – Luiss Business School of Rome
Graduate school for legal professions – Sapienza University of Rome
- Giulia Isabella Valenzi is the author of numerous editorial contributions with the publishing houses IPSOA Wolters Kluwer and Il Sole24ORE and of articles in scientific journals on tax law.
Before joining DLA Piper, Giulia Isabella Valenzi worked with leading Italian law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Rome bar