Anna has focused on construction and engineering disputes for over 16 years. Anna acts for a wide range of domestic and international clients across a number of different industry sectors including renewables (particularly wind), conventional power, infrastructure, oil and gas, transport and manufacturing. Anna advises clients on large, complex, high value, multi-party disputes which are frequently international.
Anna's extensive experience covers a variety of different dispute forums including international arbitration (both ad hoc and under institutional rules), litigation (TCC, Commercial Court and QBD), adjudication, expert determination, mediation and all other forms of ADR. Anna also provides strategic 'live project' and dispute avoidance advice.
Anna is also an active member of the firm's pro bono team focusing on large scale or complex litigation.
- Providing strategic advice to the sponsor/SPV in respect of delays and disruption to EPC works on a major PFI onshore wind farm in the Nordic region
- Acting for the EPC contractor in respect of design, defects and delay issues arising out of various aspects of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of an offshore wind farm involving 2 arbitrations, 3 separate but related adjudications, and bifurcated TCC litigation
- Advising a major, global EPC contractor in respect of two significant infrastructure projects in London in relation to delay and disruption issues
- Advising a major global contractor in respect of two potential delay and disruption disputes (ICC arbitrations) relating to the supply of switchgear for projects in the Middle East
- Acting for the main contractor in an adjudication regarding the modular construction of a large mixed use development in London
- Acting for magic circle law firm in respect of a dispute with the EPC Contractor and a subcontractor arising out of a leaking roof system at its premises
- Acting for a major developer in relation to a delay and disruption dispute with the main EPC contractor in respect of a major London redevelopment
- Acting for an EPC contractor in TCC litigation in respect of a dispute concerning the design, supply, construction and commissioning of a large, gas-fired industrial boiler plant - the issues included whether the works were complete, defective and of proven design
- Acting for an EPC contractor in a series of delay and disruption arbitrations in respect of a large PFI project for the design and installation of a telecommunications system
- Advising the EPC contractor in respect of disputes in relation to a UK Power Station involving both arbitration and an appeal to the Court of Appeal
- Bar Vocational Course at Inns of Court School of Law – awarded Diplock Scholarship from The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, 2003-2004
- City University, Common Professional Examination (law conversion), 2002-2003
- Bristol University - BA Hons English Literature, 1999-2002
- October 2017 - 2020 - Legal 500 "Next Generation Lawyer"
- September 2015 - Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 13 November 2014 - The Times "Lawyer of the Week"
- 2012 - Association of Women Solicitors: Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year - Winner
- 2012 - Law Society Excellence Awards: Shortlisted for Lawyer of the Year
- 2012 - British Legal Awards: Shortlisted for Assistant Solicitor of the Year
- 2010 - Lawyer Awards: Associate of the Year - Runner-up
- 5 November 2009 - The Times "Lawyer of the Week"
- 2009 - British Legal Awards - Nominated and Shortlisted for Associate of the Year
- Acting for two victims of modern day slavery in one of the first civil claims for compensation.
- Acting for a victim of modern slavery in respect of an application to CICA for compensation – success in the first case of its kind.
- Acting for the family of Margaret Hassan (executed in Iraq) in respect of proceedings in Baghdad.
- Acting for 11 war veterans/appellants against the MoD in respect of a test case concerning their alleged exposure to ionising radiation during the British nuclear testing programme in the 1950s and 60s at Christmas Island and Maralinga.
- Acting for the Defendant/Respondent (AB) in an action for malicious prosecution in the High Court and Court of Appeal following the Claimant's conviction for rape and later acquittal - decided by Supreme Court in 2010 in the Respondent's favour.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Higher Rights of Audience in the Civil Courts of England and Wales - 2014
- Called to the Bar (Middle Temple) - 2004