Waldo RandalSenior Associate
Waldo Randal has broad legal experience with a focus on natural resources and the environment.
Waldo has experience advising both central and local government clients across a range of subject areas including resource management, public works, building and other regulatory issues.
- Providing advice and representation in council hearings, statutory appeals and court-assisted mediation relating to plan changes and resource consent applications.
- Acting for council-controlled organisations on infrastructure projects, including consenting major urban roading projects.
- Acting for local and central government clients in judicial review proceedings and complex civil proceedings.
- Advising local and central government clients on powers and functions under the Conservation Act, Reserves Act, Public Works Act, Land Transfer Act, Te Ture Whenua Maori Act, Civil Aviation Act, Biosecurity Act, Fisheries Act, Building Act, Local Government Act (and related legislation) and Resource Management Act.
Some of the above matters were handled by Waldo prior to joining DLA Piper.
- University of Auckland, BSc, 2008
- University of Auckland, LLB, (Hons), 2013
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Summer 2023, 21 March 2022
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Winter 2022, 14 September 2022
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Autumn 2022, 19 June 2022
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Summer 2022, 4 April 2022
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Spring 2021, 2 December 2021
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - Spring 2020, 23 September 2020
- Public Decision Making Newsletter - July 2020, 15 July 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- New Zealand Law Society
- Resource Management Law Association