Global leadership in ediscovery and information management
Our customized approach to ediscovery aligns with your goals and specific matters at hand. Our team includes a former US Chief Magistrate Judge nationally recognized in this area and other thought leaders in ediscovery. Our skills and judicial perspective result in a distinct advantage for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
We understand the legal issues and the practical requirements involved in litigating ediscovery and information management matters with private litigants and government and regulatory bodies.
We consistently deliver the defensibility, innovation and flexibility you require. At short notice, we can assemble the team you need to address the challenges you face.
Our case teams advise on all aspects of discovery to identify efficient solutions to complex situations. This includes: collection of complex data sources; crafting efficient and effective workflows for review; production of large data sets that start with case assessment tools and analytics to streamline information; drafting and negotiating complex discovery orders and agreements; counseling and defending on preservation and spoliation issues; representing ESI deposition witnesses; and advising on cross-border data transfer issues.
“It is a very talented group of attorneys that is adept at understanding the needs of its client base… particularly good at injecting pragmatism into their problem-solving strategies.”
We also address information management challenges outside of the litigation context. Our attorneys, litigation support analysts and certified information governance professionals are experienced in all aspects of knowledge management, including how to strategically deploy process and technology to reduce risk and cost.
This includes mapping, experience in record keeping laws and best practice, inventory assessments to reduce data footprints, guiding appropriate data use, email management, and retention policies and procedures. We welcome the opportunity to present and conduct CLEs and training sessions for you on information management.
Through eXplore, our eDiscovery Resource Center, we also provide high level, cost-efficient data review and analysis to ensure consistent standards. Our dedicated DLA Piper staff attorneys are employees, performing at high levels with proven quality work product handling both traditional and non-traditional review projects.
Awards and recognition
- National discovery counsel in multiple pharmaceutical mass torts litigations, managing discovery strategy, drafting discovery orders, overseeing the collection of complex data, and training and managing an attorney review team, resulting in the production of millions of pages of documents.
- Retained by a publicly traded medical device company merits counsel to be special ediscovery counsel, and expanded role to include substantive and strategic advice. The Court granted summary judgement for client in the first bellwether matter.
- Development and implementation of a coordinated record management program and ediscovery protocol for a global healthcare company.
- Defended a global IT and software development company operating in breach of contract case involving computer systems and advised on discovery and strategic issues resulting in the case settled.
- Managed analysis and the production of more than 1 million documents in less than three weeks pursuant to court order, including staffing, training and supervising review team. Met all case and client deadlines.
- Represented corporation and its officers in defense of securities lawsuit. Coordinated with clients, case team and vendor on all aspects of discovery, including drafting and negotiating ESI protocols, negotiating search terms, creating review workflows utilizing advanced analytics, and supervising review and production of documents.
- Expert witness in alleged whistle-blower case in New Jersey state court, including preparation of expert report opining on the standard of care for preservation.
eXplore: DLA Piper's eDiscovery Resource Center
Document review is vital and can be a challenging aspect of discovery and other projects. DLA Piper’s eXplore: eDiscovery Resource Center is prepared to handle your most complex document review needs. Our high-caliber team of full-time review attorneys stands ready to assist you with essential in-house technology-enabled document review services.