Rob Harker is a project finance lawyer, specialising in energy and social infrastructure projects across the Middle East, with 20 years' experience advising international and regional developers and financial institutions (including international commercial banks, Islamic finance houses, regional financial institutions, export credit agencies and development finance institutions) on complex, multi-sourced project financings throughout the Middle East and Africa.
Rob has been working on the ground in the Middle East for 18 years and has assisted numerous sponsors and financial institutions on some of the most complex and innovative project financings in the region.
In addition, he has invaluable experience and market understanding to guide clients through all aspects of a project finance transaction, including development, bids, acquisitions and disposals.
Rob's extensive experience on utility-scale power projects includes advising on project and corporate financings and refinancings often comprising large-scale, multi-source lending on projects across the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
- Advising RWE Innogy in respect of the Sweihan 350 MW solar IPP in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Advising RWE Innogy on their bid in respect of the Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle project in KuwaitAdvising the lenders
- Advising the lenders in support of a bidding consortium in relation to the Umm Al Hayman wastewater project in Kuwait
- Advising the sponsors on the USD 2 billion Tasnee Acrylates project in Jubail
- Advising the lenders on the refinancing of Saudi Ethylene and Polyethlene Company's project financing facilities, USD 1.3 billion
- Advising the lenders on the refinancing of the International Diol Company's project financing facilities, USD 280 million
- Advising the lenders on the USD 12 billion multi-sourced financing (which included the following export credit agencies: IBIC, NEZI, K-SURE, K-EXIM and SACE and each of the Public Investment Fund and Saudi Industrial Development Fund of Saudi Arabia). This project was named Middle East Petrochemicals Deal of the Year, 2011 by Project Finance International and Middle East Oil and Gas Deal of the Year, 2011 by Project Finance Magazine
- Advising the Koc Group on the multi-sourced (SACE and CESCE) of the expansion of a refinery in Turkey for USD 2.5 billion
- Advising the commercial lenders and SACE on the financing for a refinery project in Gdansk, Poland for USD 2.7 billion
- Advising the sponsors on the Greater EQUATE petrochemical project in Kuwait for USD 2.3 billion
- Advising the sponsors on the KARO aromatics project in Kuwait for USD 2 billion
- Advising the project company on the Cartagena Refinery in Columbia for USD 2 billion
- Advising the lenders and SACE on the SACE-covered financing of the upgrade of two refineries for PEMEX in Mexico for USD 410 million
- Advising the sponsors on the Al Rajef wind farm in Ma'an, Jordan
- Advising the purchaser of an operational solar PV project in Ma'an, Jordan
- University of Edinburgh, L.P.C., 2002
- University of Edinburgh, LL.B with honors, 2001
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society, England and Wales