Kerstin Schnabel concentrates on stock corporation law, with a particular focus on capital markets law. She has extensive experience in advising publicly listed companies, such as preparing and holding shareholders’ meetings, post-listing compliance and corporate governance issues. Furthermore, the focus areas of her expertise are corporate litigation regarding stock market-related rescission proceedings, approval procedures and legal challenges.
Numerous squeeze-outs, domination agreements and profit transfer agreements with external stakeholders, delisting as well as mergers, change of legal entity and spin-offs pursuant to the German Reorganization Act (UmwG) are structural measures advised upon by Kerstin.
Above that, Kerstin has assisted with a great number of capital measures, such as secondary placements and subscription rights issues and regularly deals with public takeovers issues.
- Representation of a TecDAX listed company in connection with its cross-border merger for absorption of a European subsidiary to continue the efficient Corporate Governance practice and maintain the number of supervisory board members based on European merger directive and the German Act on the Co-Determination of Employees in Cross-Border mergers (MgVG).
- Representation of Deutsche Immobilien Chancen Group, the major shareholder of DIC Asset AG, in connection with the capital increase in cash and kind of SDAX listed DIC Asset AG.
- Representation of the Supervisory Board of MDAX listed LEG Immobilien AG in connection with its change of legal entity into a German stock corporation and in connection with the subsequent IPO of LEG Immobilien AG.
- Representation of the US American Production Resource Group in connection with the exclusion of minority shareholders of PROCON MultiMedia AG listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange with subsequent merger (first reorganizational squeeze-out in Germany).
- Representation of TecDAX listed QSC AG in connection with the merger of INFO Gesellschaft für Informationssysteme AG ("INFO AG") with its sister company IP Partner AG. The minority shareholders of INFO AG were excluded by way of reorganizational squeeze-out against cash compensation.
- University of Heidelberg (Ruprecht-Karls Universität Heidelberg), First State Examination, 1994
- Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Second State Examination, 1996
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2021/2022: Frequently recommended for corporate law; “high qualification and excellent sense for practice-oriented solutions”, client
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for compliance and corporate law
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for corporate
Kerstin is the author of numerous publications in specialist journals (i.a. Bewertungspraktiker).
Kerstin regularly speaks at conferences and seminars regarding corporate law topics (i.a. EACVA).
- 2008, Joined DLA Piper as Partner
- 2004-2008, Local Partner at a large international law firm in Düsseldorf
- 2000-2004, Associate at a large international law firm in Düsseldorf
My latest insights
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Jungheinrich AG on the acquisition of arculus GmbH
10 November 2021 .2 minute read