Israel Country Group
The diversity and dynamism of the Israeli economy and business world creates a perfect synergy with the range of geographies and practice areas of DLA Piper.
Our Israel Country Group has the legal knowledge, business alliances, technical skill, political experience, language capabilities and in-depth understanding of business culture, procedures and regulation to assist and guide you when you are doing business in Israel. We provide a wide range of innovative legal services to Israeli companies, investors and entrepreneurs in support of their global activities, as well as to companies throughout the world seeking opportunities in Israel.
Our Israel Country Group consists of more than 100 lawyers throughout the firm’s offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, who are focused on assisting Israeli companies wherever they are doing business globally. Recognized in the latest edition of Chambers Global, sources highlight some of the group's strengths of "Institutional knowledge, creativity and sophistication."
We create opportunities for our Israeli clients by leveraging our global relationships in the corporate, financial and governmental worlds, and ultimately match up strategic partners, potential joint ventures and other business-to-business connections.
Serving our clients
Our Israel Country Group delivers all the benefits of a global elite law firm through a team of lawyers dedicated to the Israel market. Our broad knowledge and access to local advice has led to us becoming a key address for advising Israeli clients as they do business across the globe. Recent involvement has included advising on M&A transactions in Japan, Norway, Spain and South Africa; HR matters in Brazil, Singapore and Italy; real estate deals in the US, Germany and the UK; IP and tax in Turkey, Dubai, Australia and Czech Republic; fund formation in Poland and the US; commercial and mining advice in Africa; and litigation advice in the UK, Africa and the US.
For clients looking to do business in Israel, our knowledge of the business world together with our contacts in leading Israeli law firms provides an integrated legal solution.
Serving your business legal needs around the world
At DLA Piper, we deliver outstanding, thorough client service to provide legal counsel to Israeli-related projects that touch upon a non-Israeli jurisdiction (including the United States, South America, the United Kingdom, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia and Australia). We consistently collaborate with Israeli bankers, accountants, venture capitalists and lawyers to provide experience, insights and services that are critical to navigating the challenges and opportunities presented by global Israel business activities. No matter how complex, multidisciplinary or multi-jurisdictional a legal or business issue may be, we collaborate to efficiently deliver results and strive to constantly exceed expectations.
- Israel Chemicals Ltd.'s (ICL) acquisition of the Hagesüd Group
- ICL's footwear business divestment to Findos Investor
- ICL's water, paper, and alumina businesses divestment to Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
- Perion Network Ltd.'s acquisition of Grow Mobile Inc.
- Stratasys' acquisition of GrabCAD
- John Deere Water's sale to Fimi Opportunity Funds
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.'s acquisition of Aromar Flavors & Fragrances
- Tower Semiconductor Ltd.'s joint venture with Panasonic Corporation; and Qualcomm's acquisition of the Israeli operations of CSR
- Ten real estate acquisition or financing deals spanning the US, UK and Germany for a total in excess of US$1 billion, most of which involved representing Israeli institutional investors
- Three Israeli venture capital fund sponsors in the formation of four new venture funds with an aggregate amount of over US$300 million
- Teddy Sagi Group's raising of US$156 million for Camden Market's IPO on London's secondary stock market, the Alternative Investment Market
- Seven different foreign fund investments on behalf of Israeli insurance companies and pension funds totaling approximately US$450 million
- Prolor Biotech's US$480 million sale to Opko Health
- Alony Hetz Properties' US$330 million investment deal with Carr Properties
- Harel Insurance Company and Menora Mivtachim Insurance's joint US$277 million acquisition of the 57-story IDS Center in Minneapolis, partnering with Beacon Investment Properties
- Fosun Pharma Group's US$240 million acquisition of Alma Lasers, an Israel-based manufacturer of lasers used in cosmetic surgery
- Harel Insurance Company's joint US$187 million acquisition of a 10-story office building on London's Fleet Street, partnering with Ares Commercial Real Estate Group
- Jordache Group, a holding company for the Israeli Nakash Brothers, in its US$109 million acquisition of the historic "Bond Building" in Washington, DC
- Menora Mivtachim Insurance and Phoenix Insurance's joint US$56 million acquisition of the Harmon Meadow office building in New Jersey, partnering with Gaia Real Estate Investments
- TowerJazz's US$50 million joint venture with Panasonic Corporation to acquire its three semiconductor factories in Japan
- Qnergy in its approximately US$20 million acquisition of Infinia Corporation
- Frutarom Industries' US$5.2 million acquisition of South African flavors company JannDeRee
- Israel Chemicals' acquisition of Hagesüd Group, a German producer of premium spice blends and food ingredients for meat processing