Meagan Self is a member of DLA's Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. She has experience in a wide range of areas, including class action and multi-district litigation, state attorney general litigation, qui tam litigation, patent infringement cases, and civil tax cases. She has successfully represented manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions, pharmaceutical corporations, hedge funds and major retailers in fast-paced, complex litigation.
Meagan graduated Phi Beta Kappa at the University of Texas at Austin. While attending law school at Southern Methodist University, she served as articles editor for the SMU Law Review and interned for the Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers of the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals and the US Attorneys Office, Eastern District of Texas.
- Worked as a senior associate representing a Fortune 100 company in an ERISA class action involving over 14,000 putative class members, who sought reinstatement of certain retiree life insurance benefits.
- Worked as a senior associate defending foreign building material manufacturers in major multi-district product liability litigation arising out of the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective drywall products used throughout the Southeast United States.
- Defended a global supplier of optical modules in patent infringement trials in Silicon Valley, where two different juries rendered non-infringement verdicts on various patents.
- Represented pharmaceutical companies in investigations and litigation brought by state attorneys general.
- Represented a defendant in a patent infringement suit in the Western District of Pennsylvania involving software for municipal bond auctions.
- Represented a US taxpayer in connection with IRS challenges to approximately US$1 billion in losses arising from investments in distressed foreign assets.
- Assisted in obtaining a writ of mandamus from the Federal Circuit on a complex first-impression issue of joinder rules post-America Invents Act.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law 2011
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin 2007
Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships And Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers