Simone Bajraszewski (née Lim)Senior Associate
Simone Bajraszewski is a Senior Associate in the Melbourne Corporate group. Simone is an experienced corporate M&A practitioner focusing on cross border and domestic private treaty M&A, with a particular focus on the renewable energy sector.
Simone also acts for a number of W&I insurers on W&I underwriting matters.
Simone was a finalist for the 2018 Lawyers' Weekly 30 Under 30 Award in the Mergers and Acquisitions category.
- Advising hyperscale data centre specialist AirTrunk on the AUD3 billion sale of a majority of equity by Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group and TPG Sixth Street Partners to Macquarie Group’s infrastructure arm, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- Advising a fully-integrated global solar manufacturing, construction and development company on its acquisition of an Australian Solar Farm.
- Advising Assembly Payments in relation to the demerger of its platform payments business and banking as a service business and related investment in the platform payments business by Standard Chartered Bank.
- Advising Top Education Group Holdings on its acquisition of Scots English College, its first acquisition following its successful listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange.
- Advising Althea Group Holdings on its post-IPO acquisition of Peak Processing Solutions, a Canadian extraction and contract manufacturing company.
- Advising KS Environmental on the sale of its liquid waste business to Remondis Australia.*
- Advising Mitsui & Co. (Australia) Ltd on various potential opportunities in Australia, including the sale of its wholly-owned renewable asset Bald Hills Wind Farm to Infrastructure Capital Group through a competitive process.*
- Advising Akuo Energy on various potential opportunities in Australia.*
- Advising Zap Fitness on the sale of Zap Fitness group of gyms to Fitness and Lifestyle Group (a subsidiary of Quadrant Private Equity).*
- Advising JD Sports on various potential opportunities in Australia.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
College of Law, Diploma of Legal Practice, 2014
University of Melbourne, Juris Doctor, 2013
University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010
Finalist for the 2018 Lawyers' Weekly 30 Under 30 - Mergers and Acquisitions award.
- Advised a number of charities including The Big Issue, SecondBite and Oxfam, on a pro bono basis in relation to general corporate and commercial matters.
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises DIY Blinds on investment from Australian Business Growth Fund
11 October 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Banpu Energy Australia on first renewable power investment in Australia
6 June 2021 .4 minute read