Elizabeth CampbellSenior Associate
Elizabeth has experience in M&A transactions and general corporate advisory work and has also gained in-house experience through client secondments.
Additionally, Elizabeth enjoys contributing to the firm's pro bono practice. Elizabeth has spent time in DLA Piper’s London and Oslo offices.
Professional QualificationsSolicitor of the High Court of AustraliaSolicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Advising NASDAQ-listed software provider Aspen Technology, Inc. (AspenTech) on its proposed acquisition of the Australian-headquartered mining software business Micromine Group, from private equity firm Potentia Capital and others for approximately AUD900 million in cash.
- Advising shareholders of the Dewsik Group, provider of mining optimisation software and consultancy services, through a competitive cross-border sales process resulting in the signing of a sale agreement to sell the entire issued share capital of Deswik Group to publicly listed Sandvik AB.
- Advising Busy Bees Group on its acquisition of ASX-listed Think Childcare Group and the carve out of the Think Childcare Group development arm for sale to entities associated with Think Childcare Group’s CEO.
- Advising Suncorp on the sale of its 50% interest in RACT to its joint venture partner (USD83.75M), the disposal of its motor repair business network, Capital S.M.A.R.T. Repairs Australia Pty Ltd (AUD420M) and its spare parts business, ACM Parts (AUD20M) to AMA group Limited, in a competitive bid process and the sale of its authorised representative network, Resilium, by way of management buy-out.
- Advising on the sale of labour hire services company FIP Group Holdings Pty Ltd to publicly listed PeopleInfrastructure Limited for AUD45 million upfront consideration.
- Advising Verton Technologies on its fundraise from The Crosby Group, a global leader in lifting, rigging, and load securement hardware backed by global investment firm KKR.
- Advising Clarivate Analytics on its acquisition of Australian AI technology company based in Australia and the US called TrademarkVision - a transaction that was awarded the M&A Advisers International M&A Deal of the Year (USD10m - USD25m category).
- Advising Equis Energy (Australia) in respect of the corporate and equity aspects to its solar farm located in Tailem Bend, South Australia.
- Advising Mirvac Ventures, the venture capital arm of Mirvac, on a number of corporate venture capital investments.
- Acting for bidder in respect of the proposed acquisition of two wind farms in Victoria.
- College of Law, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2013
- University of Queensland, Bachelor of Laws (Hons), 2012
- University of Queensland, Bachelor of Arts (French and Criminology), 2012
- Researched and drafted country profiles in the DLA Piper Mining in Asia-Pacific publication.
- Co-authored paper entitled “The regulation of prisoner's artwork: An overview of the legislative and policy position within Australia” through the UQ Pro Bono centre.
Elizabeth contributes extensively to the firm's pro bono practice. Elizabeth actively participates in and supervises pro bono legal clinics in the Brisbane office as well as advising not for profit entities in relation to various corporate matters.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Queensland Law Society
+61 7 3246 4047
+61 418 744 973