Jason CarliSenior Associate
Jason is a Senior Associate in the Tax group in Melbourne, practising in the areas of income tax, stamp duty and GST.
Jason has experience advising clients on the tax implications associated with mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, financing, infrastructure and property transactions, with a particular focus on international tax and cross border transactions. Jason also has significant experience in tax underwriting.
Jason advises clients in a range of sectors, including private equity, real estate, infrastructure, financial services, wealth management, energy and insurance.
- Advising one of the leading private equity funds on the tax implications of various M&A transactions, including the structuring and financing of the transactions.
- Advising a large global infrastructure group on various matters, including advice in relation to the structuring and financing of its infrastructure assets.
- Advising clients on the transaction documents for various M&A deals.
- Advising clients on the application of the hybrid mismatch rules to their cross border arrangements.
- Advising all of the major warranty and indemnity (W&I) insurers operating in the Australian and Asian markets.
- Advising clients with respect to disputes with the ATO / State revenue offices, including assisting with the preparation of responses to RFIs, voluntary disclosures and objection letters.
- Monash University, Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce
- College of Law, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Chartered Accounting, Graduate Diploma
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Institute of Victoria