Gabriel Dalarun is a very level-headed individual who provides sound advice and can quietly but confidently hold his own in any round table negotiations. He is also good at coordinating his colleagues and other advisers during the transaction process.
Gabriel Dalarun concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions (including pan-European investments, share deals, sale and leaseback, and joint ventures), mergers and acquisitions, real estate private equity and the creation of real estate funds. He mainly advises large institutional investors, French and foreign funds in their investments, in all classes of assets, such as logistics, retail, offices and hospitality. He also has significant experience in commercial leases, asset and property management, and all property law aspects in the framework of M&A.
- Advising Blackstone on the indirect (i.e., via share deal) sale, to Valor, of a pan-European portfolio composed of 31 assets located in France (12 assets/target companies), UK and Germany and dedicated to a use of logistics, warehouses and light industrial. This project (named "Trio") is the highest value logistics transaction in France in 2022.
- Advising Oxford Properties in relation to the acquisition (from M-Seven) of a portfolio composed of 28 assets located in France and dedicated to a use of warehouses and light industrial.
- Advising Patrizia in relation to the EUR 67 million sale (to Exeter) of a logistics real estate asset located in Saint-Cyr-en-Val.
- Assisting The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) on its acquisition of a portfolio of 27 distribution logistics assets in France and Germany. The transaction is structured as a sale-and-leaseback.
- Assisting Blackstone for the acquisition of a portfolio of 10 logistics/warehouse assets representing 360,000 sqm from Patrizia in an off-market transaction for a value or EUR 260 M.
- Advising STAM for the acquisition of an office building located in Pantin near Paris from Colony Capital.
- Advising Blackstone for the acquisition of the shares of 12 French entities owning a portfolio made of 12 logistics/warehouse assets from STAM for a value of EUR 334 M.
- Advising Ares for the acquisition of the shares of a French SPPICAV (OPPCI) owning indirectly a portfolio of six logistics/warehouse assets from OJIREL managed by ALDERAN.
- Université Paris 1 - Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master 2 mention droit patrimonial approfondi, 2010
Université Paris 1 - Panthéon-Sorbonne, Masters business law, 2009
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” – Real Estate Law – 2024
"We appreciate the great professionalism, extreme courtesy and team spirit of Antoine Mercier, Myriam Mejdoubi, Erwan Lacheteau and Gabriel Dalarun, as well as those of their associates" - Client, Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Solar energy: Where does France stand? And what are the consequences for the real estate sector?, 9 May 2023
- Retour sur les obligations et enjeux découlant du Décret Tertiaire à l'occasion de la (nouvelle) tolérance accordée pour l'envoi des déclarations, 25 Octobre 2022
- Co-author, Real Estate Law and Practice in France, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- L'Etat des Risques et Pollutions (ERP) devient l'Etat des Risques - nouveau texte, nouvelles obligations, nouvelles sanctions… et nouvelles questions, 11 October 2022
- Précisions sur le champ d'application du droit de préemption « Pinel », 12 September 2022
- Loyers COVID : obligation de paiement des loyers dus pendant le confinement, 9 September 2022
- Plafonnement de l'Indice des Loyers Commerciaux (ILC), 8 August 2022
Before joining DLA Piper, Gabriel worked seven years in the Parisian real estate department of an international law firm.
My latest insights
Solar energy: Where does France stand? And what are the consequences for the real estate...
9 May 2023 .6 minute read
DLA Piper advises Flamingo, UK’s leading supplier of cut flowers, on the acquisition of...
24 December 2021 .3 minute read