Renaud Thüngen has over 15 years’ experience in business law with a strong focus on litigation. He practices commercial law, contract law, corporate law and civil liability law. As an experienced litigator, Renaud handles complicated and high profile litigation cases, including proceedings before the Belgian Supreme Court (Court of cassation)
Renaud is an author of several publications and is a regular speaker at conferences, seminars, and colloquia in Belgium.
Renaud is also a lecturer and assistant-professor at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium) in contract law, tort law and litigation.
- Representing a leading global provider of innovative of cosmetics in the context of a number of highly aggressive cross-border disputes initiated by a competitor for patent infringement, know-how protection and unfair competition.
- Representing a major mining corporation in a dispute with an African mining corporation over the performance of a joint venture agreement regarding the exploitation of mines in Central Africa.
- Representing a globally active biopharmaceutical company in a dispute involving complex issues relating to pre-contractual and contractual liability.
- Representing a world's leading real estate agent franchise company in a dispute with an IT and consulting company.
- Representing the Walloon region against residents near Liège Airport who are not satisfied with the current situation (including night flights, freight plane flights, current compensation conditions and other issues).
- Representing a national air navigation service provider in a dispute with a major European airline.
- Representing a European leading company in payment and transaction services in a dispute relating to a large credit card fraud.
- University of Brussels, Master in Economic law, magna cum laude, 2005
- University of Brussels, Master in Law, summa cum laude, De Harven Award for outstanding academic achievements, 2003
- “La transmission patrimoniale au travers de la société simple”, in La transmission des sociétés familiales et le Code des sociétés et associations, Limal, Anthemis 2019, pp. 41-91
- “L'apport de Pierre Van Ommeslaghe à la théorie de l'apparence”, J.T., 2018, pp. 580-582
- Force majeure et Covid-19, webinar, 29 April 2020
- La transmission patrimoniale au travers de la société simple, conference, 19 November 2019
- Les annulations, résolutions pour inexécution et résiliations,conference, 12 October 2017
- 2012 to date, Lead Lawyer, DLA Piper
- 2005 - 2012, Associate, DLA PIper
- 2003 - 2005, Associate, Belgian law firm
- Associate professor and lecturer at the University of Brussels (ULB)
- Professional training of the Belgian Supreme Court