Leslie Frattolin’s practice is focused on all aspects of management-side employment and labour law, and she assists organizations with solving workplace and human resource problems.
Leslie regularly represents employers in arbitration, employment-related litigation, employment standards claims, human rights proceedings and collective bargaining negotiations. She routinely works with employers in both non-union and unionized workplaces to provide advice in all aspects of employment and labour law including hiring, departing employees, workplace restructuring, discipline, performance management, accommodation, disability management, employment contracts, workplace policies and procedures, employment standards, union relations, and health and safety. Leslie has appeared before various levels of courts, before administrative tribunals, at arbitrations, in mediation and as lead negotiator in collective bargaining negotiations, including first collective agreement negotiation.
Leslie has significant experience with federally-regulated employers, including unjust dismissal complaints, human rights complaints and compliance under the Canada Labour Code.
Leslie is active in the legal community and regularly presents on labour and employment issues at industry organizations.
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2009
- B.A., Economics, Lakehead University, 2006
- Speaker, 2017 DLA Piper (Canada) LLP Canadian Employment and Labour Law Conference
- Speaker, 2017 Skills for Change Diversity@Work Conference
- Speaker, 2016 DLA Piper (Canada) LLP Canadian Employment and Labour Law Conference
- Speaker, 2016 Skills for Change Diversity@Work Conference
- Speaker, 2015 DLA Piper (Canada) LLP Canadian Employment and Labour Law Conference
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
My latest insights
Amendments to the Employment Standards Act, 2000: Certain limited business and information...
17 March 2023 .3 minute read