Alejandro González VegaSenior Associate
Alejandro González focuses on intellectual property and technology law. He advises international clients, mostly from the TMT sector, on matters relating to the protection of intangible assets, including trademarks, copyright and patents, tech agreements, media and advertising. He also has experience in litigation and regulatory and competition law issues related to the TMT field.
Alejandro is a regular associate lecturer of copyright and digital law in Spain and has published several articles on copyright and new technologies.
- Advised European telecommunications company in its negotiations with different collecting societies in Europe.
- Advised the Government of the Republic of Costa Rica in designing their policy for the protection of indigenous cultural heritage.
- Represented the Spanish subsidiary of an India-based media group before the Court of Appeals of Barcelona.
- Advised Singaporean editorial group in the acquisition of an international scientific journal.
- Advised in several international co-productions and lead the worldwide rights clearance of a Spanish-French-Chilean co-production.
- Represented international telecommunications company before the Spanish Intellectual Property Commission.
- Represented advertising company in a cartel case before Spanish national courts.
- Advised on several complaints before the Spanish competition authority.
- University Carlos III, Degree in Law, Best Academic Record, 2015
- University of Iceland, LLM in International Environmental Law and Natural Resources Law, 2015
- University Carlos III, LLM in Legal Practice (Specialised in M&A and International Business), 2017
University Carlos III, Postgraduate Expert Diploma in Competition Law, 2022
- 2023: Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Luxembourg
- 2022-23: Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2020-22: Lawyer, pan-European IP boutique based in Amsterdam (Madrid)
- 2017-20: Lawyer, Madrid based international firm (Madrid)
- 2016-17: Lawyer, London based international firm (Madrid)
- 2015-16: Intern, Madrid based IP boutique (Madrid)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Spanish Chapter of ALAI (Association Littéraire et Artistique Internationale)
- Member of the Spanish Association of Experts in Fashion Law
- Founding Member of Lawbotics (Association for Robotics and the Law)
- Member of the European AI Alliance