Mitchell MarderSenior Counsel
Mitchell Marder has more than 30 years of business and legal experience in corporate, securities, finance and transactional matters. Mitchell represents established and emerging growth companies, advising founders, management and boards in connection with their key business, legal, and strategic issues.
Mitchell routinely serves as outside corporate counsel to private technology, life sciences, healthcare and renewable energy companies. He counsels clients on a wide array of corporate and securities matters, including public and private financings, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, licensing transactions and corporate governance.
Among other high-profile transactions, Mitchell led the team representing a renewable energy developer in structuring and financing the world’s largest green hydrogen facility. He has represented other renewable energy clients in biogas, hydro-electric, LNG and solar.
Prior to his return to the Firm in 2019, Mitchell served as General Counsel and head of corporate development for a clinical stage biotech company developing oncology drugs. He has deep experience working with CMOs, CROs, hospitals, universities, government agencies and companies developing therapeutics, diagnostics, and analytical tools for cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune conditions.
In addition to his significant experience in renewables and biotech, Mitchell has represented numerous clients in the technology, healthcare and communications sectors.
- Outside general corporate and securities counsel to multiple companies across various industries including renewable energy and biotechnology.
- Representation of a renewable energy developer in its US$500 million+ capital raise led by a bulge bracket investment bank to support the development of 5+ projects in the US and EU.
- Representation of a renewable energy developer in joint venture arrangements with local co-development partners for projects in the US, EU, and Asia.
- Representation of a renewable energy developer in its material contracts including EPC, feedstock supply, site acquisition, and off-take agreements for supply of green fuels for various purposes including transportation, injection into natural gas pipelines, and decarbonization of heavy industries.
- Representation of a VC backed climate change technology company that manufactures and sells devices to track water flow and flood risk in its follow-on US$20 million Series B preferred equity raise led by its existing VC investors.
- Representation of a VC backed solar technology company in a master purchase agreement to manufacture and supply devices to enhance the performance of photovoltaic panels with a value in excess of US$100 million.
- Representation of a VC backed solar technology company in its follow-on US$30 million Series C preferred equity raise led by existing VC investors.
- Representation of a developer of power train systems for electric battery vehicles in its $5 million institutional Series Seed preferred equity raise to support research and commercialization of its products.
- Representation of a vertically integrated healthcare services company in its $50 million institutional equity raise to support its strategic acquisition activity.
- Representation of a vertically integrated healthcare services company in its acquisition of a national health tech company that automates packaging, storage, and retrieval of medications.
- Representation of a vertically integrated healthcare services company in its acquisition of a specialty pharmacy group.
- Representation of a vertically integrated healthcare services company in its acquisition of a mobile primary care services company.
- Representation of a vertically integrated healthcare services company in its merger with a major healthcare services company in Canada.
- Representation of a biotech company that develops diagnostics for infectious diseases in its sale to a private equity purchaser.
- Representation of a contract manufacturer of vaccines and genetic material in a spin-off from its foreign parent company.
- Representation of a precision medicines company that develops AI gene-based prognostic tools for autoimmune diseases in its $30 million institutional equity Series A preferred equity raise to market and sell its clinically validated tests.
- Representation of a precision medicines company that develops AI gene-based prognostic tools for autoimmune diseases in a bio-buck” deal with a major pharmaceutical company to co-develop a drug to treat certain autoimmune diseases.
- Representation of a biotech company in its $8 million Series A preferred equity raise to support its pivotal clinical studies for a metabolic syndrome drug associated with approved anti-psychotic medicines.
- Representation of a biotech company in its co-development transaction with a pharmaceutical company for the development of a combinational drug product to treat certain solid tumor cancers.
- Representation of a cancer nano-medicine company in its CTA with the NCI for a pivotal study to treat certain solid tumor cancers.
- Representation of a cancer nanomedicine company in numerous MTAs with the NCI, other major cancer research hospitals worldwide, and pharmaceutical and biotech companies for the research and development of its pipeline of cancer drugs to treat various solid tumor malignancies.
- Representation of a cancer nanomedicine company in its Series D preferred equity raise with a significant family office to assist with the company’s pivotal clinical studies of its lead drug candidate
- J.D., George Washington University Law School