Clare McLarenSenior Associate
Clare focuses her practice on the corporate planning and implementation aspects of national and international corporate reorganisations, including pre-acquisition restructurings, post-acquisition integrations and carve outs. She has a particular interest in the company law aspects of complex cross border restructurings and reorganisations such as business transfers, mergers, distributions and capital reductions.
Clare has spent time working in-house at a major European bank; as sole UK legal counsel of a global fiduciary and advisory business, as well as in private practice as a tax lawyer at a magic circle firm and as a corporate lawyer. Clare has lived and worked in London, Milan and the Cayman Islands. Clare has experience in a wide variety of corporate, commercial and tax matters including joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, credit facilities, offshore funds, securitisations and data protection.
- General Electric Company in respect of internal and global reorganisations including USD21bn sale of pharma business (2020) and the historic separation of its health care business and subsequent launch of GE HealthCare Technologies Inc., a global leader in precision health care, as an independently traded entity on NASDAQ (2022 - 2023).
- Complex multi-jurisdictional and UK based reorganisations for private and public companies in various industries including education, industrial coating, industrial adhesives, pipe manufacturing, digital services, software, fintech and payments (2020 - 2023).
- Sale of CloudShift to Globant (2021).
- Innovation parc GBP60m joint venture (2020).
- BPP, LPC (2006)
- BPP, GDL (2005)
- St John's College, University of Cambridge, MA (Natural Sciences) (2004)